ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens defense ranked 15th but #11 in rush rank

TBird

Despite all the probs in the secondary and losing to Cinci which we should have won,

the Ravens defense is ranked in the middle of the pack over-all but #11 in the rush rankings.

Not bad as we should be 3-1 after Sunday.

It should climb even higher when Webbie is 100% and Will Hill returns. The rush rank

could go as high as top 5 with overall D in top 10 - maybe!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Right now it's his conditioning that's the prob. He needs time to run in a game at 100%. It's not the injury but his

conditioning and even if he isn't 100% it will be better than what's there now and Will Hill is much better than what we

have. Oz singed him to get him in the middle of the season when we need him the most. He's out only 3 more games.

Also, the offense which was at the bottom of the pack last year is much better and scoring more to cover up for the

defense.

We still only lost 1 game we should have had and should be 3-1 after tomorrow with Webbie and Hill on the horizon.

Webb looked embarrassing last week. He was so slow and outplayed. But I agree. He's got to play to get back to his game speed. He will. As far as this defense, I believe so much that they will really start to pull it together. Right now, they still don't have those natural instincts. Four more games and this unit will turn into a top ten defense. Mike Preston will never admit this though.

Guys - It was his first game. He missed all of training camp and the pre-season so he's going to be rusty for a few games.

I posted above that it's not his injury but his conditioning holding him up. He's not 100% ready to go really fast and won't be

for a while.

Guys - It was his first game. He missed all of training camp and the pre-season so he's going to be rusty for a few games.

I posted above that it's not his injury but his conditioning holding him up. He's not 100% ready to go really fast and won't be

for a while.

Dude he makes millions, play like it, if not get the fuck outtahere

With all due respect, have you ever played football? Were you ever injured and tried to come back

from an injury? He deserved credit for playing despite not feeling 100%.

Unitas came back from his injury being out all season and played in the SB. He couldn't pull it

out as balls kept sailing over Jimmy Orr's head. He was rusty although he did lead the team

to its only TD. He also threw an INT but couldn't connect with Orr who was wide open all

day. Nobody could

It's not pretty or easy especially with a back injury and I get back spasms.

UM, don't say that over on 24x7. They'll laugh you off the board.

Point is, Unitas was rusty. Jerry Hill said he lost 80% off his fast ball and he kept missing Orr in the 4th qtr.

No fixing there though you could argue Earl not looking Orr's way on the flea flicker. Alex Hawkins said the

entire team waited the entire year for him to fuck up and he waited for the most important game of their lives

to do it.

It did look like the entire defense took the day off. Namath kept hitting all those open receivers with his quick release

as he beat the blitz. Earl said guys weren't up for it. They beat Cleve for the NFL

championship so they were the NFL champs. The merger wasn't completed yet.

Pinky Lombardi? LOL. Good one. So what's your problem with him? What did he do to you?

Doesn't offend me. I was just saying ya know, but you'll get laughed off sunspot and scout too if you say SB 3 was fixed.

I'm the one who said Tony got his arm twisted when

he recanted on the HARBs getting told to hire Kubiac piece. I said he acted like he was gonna lose his press pass.

Vinny or Mikie never recanted but they worked for big medias. Tony is a little independent so I said either his pal

DeCosta or the PR dept got him to change the story. I surprised he didn't ban me. Aaron banned me just for criticizing

his subscription forum. All I said was, why pay for it when it's all over the net for free. A mod said he didn't like it because

he uses it to pay for his Ravens trips because the CC Times couldn't afford to send him. Now the guys over there are

saying the board has been in decline since he joined the Sun. A lot of posters are showing up on Tony's site and that's

the problem, especially the guys that came over on sunspot. Tony literally stole half of scout's and sunspot's members.

They have a lot of so called experts over there and a lot of pussies that like to hurl

insults from the safety of their homes.

I was the guy who took things off the board on scout and tracked down two posters who tried to bully me off the board about

10 years ago.

I was sitting in the middle of the hot tub when they showed up for the hot tub party and said now why don't you boys call

me those dirty names you've been saying for the last 3 months. They didn't. They said they were laughing at me when they

got back to the board but what they didn't know was, a martial arts expert who owed me a service trained me to kill both of them.

I just wanted to shake them up a little..

I do think sbiii was fixed.I'm not the only one either. Read bubba Smiths book, kill bubba kill he also thinks it was fixed and says so himself.

My belief, Colts were 17 point Cavs, if we beat the jets that badly there would have been no merger with the afl.

There was a real good pbs show back in the 80s on Rosenbloom and his death, the super bowl, it really opened my eyes on possibly the game being fixed.

I have the book and Bubba retracted it and apologized in a NY TIMES piece just like Pinky

Lombardi always does.

All Bubba had to do was look in the mirror to see who played so

badly and speaking of Rosey, a Miami bookie said he laid down a bet with him for the

game but as always he bet on the Colts - this time the bet was $3M. If the fix was in,

Rosey didn't know about it.

He owed millions to Vegas when he died and there was an investigation of foul play when

he drowned off his Florida estate. Even his wife was questioned as a possible suspect but

no evidence was found.

Alex Hawkins book, which I also have, says Earl choked in the biggest game of their lives,

plain and simple. Jimmy Orr didn't speak to Earl for 25 years until he saw him at a golf

fund raiser. Earl walked up to him with tears in his eyes and said I never saw you, I

never saw you and Orr said he was such a nice guy, how could I keep on hating him.

Hawkins book also said Orr was the only guy who knew Earl was going to blow it. He

had bad practices all week and he said we gotta slip Earl a mickey so he can't play or

we're gonna lose.

Shula told Costas recently that the Jets won because Namath beat the blitz and people

forget that the Jets had a good team. The Colts were pioneers in the zone defense in the

NFL but the AFL used it a lot so Namath knew where to find the dead spots and kept

hitting his big WR for gains and their big RBs ran over the Colts and kept the ball the

entire 3rd qtr except for the opening drive where Matte fumbled that led to a Jets FG.

In the first half he had the longest run that still remains an SB record of 58 yards but he was so slow

he was dragged down at the 8 yrd line and the guy that John Mackey knocked on his ass during

the play got back up and was the one who caught Matte from behind so go figure. Colts should have scored then but Earl promptly threw an interception - 3rd one in first half alone. Like Hawkins said, he chocked but Matte should have had a TD he was so open running down the side line but they caught up to him.

I asked Mattee if the game was fixed and he was furious and said yea, and Bubba fixed

it. ILAMO

You have more balls then me, I knew Unitas personally and wouldn't dare mention it, I also had daily contact with matte caus at the time he was play by play for the ravens and got deliveries daily, never even crossed my mind to ask him, I didn't want to get popped in the mouth,

I don't ever recall bubba recanting his claim in his book,

Right now it's his conditioning that's the prob. He needs time to run in a game at 100%. It's not the injury but his

conditioning and even if he isn't 100% it will be better than what's there now and Will Hill is much better than what we

have. Oz singed him to get him in the middle of the season when we need him the most. He's out only 3 more games.

Also, the offense which was at the bottom of the pack last year is much better and scoring more to cover up for the

defense.

We still only lost 1 game we should have had and should be 3-1 after tomorrow with Webbie and Hill on the horizon.

I would like to know your source please, for Web's "just conditioning" quote. There is no way, none, a player of his caliber is coming into the camps out of shape. Even to sit out as long as he has, it would not take four plus games to "get in shape". He has a blown disk or two, no doubt, by the way he tried to move in last week's game, he has a bad disk and they, he & the team, are just waiting to see if they can get the sweling down and keep it down. It is the only thing that makes sense at this point.

As for the defense, they don't have a good safety on the team, none. Neither of the starters can cover, knows their jobs on coverages and now, limit the types of coverages the team can run. I've been saying it since they drafted him, Elam cannot cover, is not a great safety, never will be, it was the nock on him coming out and the Ravens reached for him. Stewart is even worse and where is the other all world safety? Oh yeah, he too stinks.

None of this they are young, too late for that, burned last year, bunred over & over this year.

The run defense is barely haning on, the only thing that helps them stop the run is the other team going to the pass or the end zone. This defens has gotten real lucky not facing a true running team, Pitt is just a shell of the team they were, the Panthers were down all of their running backs. Upshaw keeps letting the edge go in a hunt to make a spectacular tackle for a loss..... :sing:

Williams, in today's game, was having a real good game going until he got hurt.

This defense is bad, average at best, and more games will not make them better, nor will getting Mister Suspenion on the field, he is only one safety, they still need another, a corner, a nickle & dime back. They may also need a pass rusher now with Suggs having a nagging groin injury that usually does not heal until you rest for a long while....

The guys on the radio were talking about his conditioning being the problem. It's not that he reported

out of shape. He was injured the first week and didn't play the entire summer or pre-season so he

can't run at 100% full speed.

Anyone who played football knows this.

That said KO had back spasms and played last year in the beginning and didn't do so well.

Finally, the pain was so bad he quit for the year and had surgery on a disc that was putting

pressure on the spinal nerve.

The guys on the radio were talking about his conditioning being the problem. It's not that he reported

out of shape. He was injured the first week and didn't play the entire summer or pre-season so he

can't run at 100% full speed.

Anyone who played football knows this.

That said KO had back spasms and played last year in the beginning and didn't do so well.

Finally, the pain was so bad he quit for the year and had surgery on a disc that was putting

pressure on the spinal nerve.

I have played football, thank you, I have the back to prove it. He did not even dress today, this with only 4 corner backs, including him, on the roster. It is more than conditioning, the "guys on the radio" either don't know or can't /won't say.

Why must you keep using the phrase; "if you played football you would know"? You have used it numerous times now, as if some one has to play football to know anything about it...

The way he tried to move last week and couldn't speaks to the injury, not the conditoning plain & simple, I know very well what a back with a bad disk looks like, how it slows a person down litterally, speed wise, how it makes them inflexible.

The fact he couldn't even dress this week speaks volumes.

This from the Ravens site which is same as I've been posting.

Ravens are easing Webbie back. He only played in 4 downs before. Pees, his D-Coord said practice speed isn't the same as game speed. This is what the radio guys said in week 1.

He's not there yet.

“When I saw it in the press box, I said, ‘He’s not there yet,’” Pees said. “And game speed is faster than practice speed. There’s no way to simulate it. But he has to keep practicing, and he has to feel very confident that he can do it. That’s half the battle playing the back end, you better feel confident that you can do it.”

Webb, 28, went down with the injury on the second day of training camp and missed the entire preseason. He has been back on the practice field for the last several weeks, but the Ravens have been cautious about rushing him into full-speed action.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Getting-Lardarius-Webb-Back-To-Full-Strength-A-Top-Priority-/167e9867-b5e9-41f2-a25a-544b41633c34

Me thinks the defense rose up a few spots from #15 in the power rankings and especially the rushing rank after today's game with Panthers.

:cop: :thumbup:

No one ever questioned our run d, it's the passing d that has me concerned. Carolina's coordinator should be fired, they were tearing us up the first quarter through the air, then they went away from it. Fine by me.