ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Day 3

ravensfanatic77

Look at these Dennis Pitta highlights. This is why we stayed true to our board and drafted him, the man can flat-out play! Pita's aggressive running style, his ability to catch the ball in stride, and his ability to play the flex receiver reminds me a lot of Dallas Clark. I am impressed by how easy and effortlessly he makes catching the ball in stride look. He definitely does not look like someone who has limited athleticism as most of the scouting reports say. He may not have the fastest top speed nor be very elusive, but he gets to his top speed very quickly and runs with authority. This guy will make an impact!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1ln7L3qUw&feature=related

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its completely off topic, but I wanted to give props to someone I grew up with. Mike Newton, he got picked up by the colts as a safety, undrafted. I played sports at Glen burnie with his older brother Chris but Mike went to calvert hall for a better shot at the future. He played all 4 years at buffalo and had a pretty good career. They said he dominated the Buffalo proday and got a private workout by the colts and eagles. He comes from a great family, couldnt be happier for the guy.

check him out at the end of the video making the biggest play in buffalo history.

Look at these Dennis Pitta highlights. This is why we stayed true to our board and drafted him, the man can flatout play! Pita's aggressive running style, his ability to catch the ball in stride, and his ability to play the flex receiver remind me a lot of Dallas Clark. I am impressed by how easy and effort he makes catching the ball in stride look. He definitely does not look like someone who has limited athleticism as most of the scouting reports say. He may not have the fastest top speed nor be very elusive, but he gets to his top speed very quickly and runs with authority. This guy will make an impact!

It seems like a lot of people like Pitta more than Dickson... and maybe it says something that we took him despite having just drafted a TE with our last pick. Perhaps there was some disagreement in the war room over which guy we should take in the 3rd? Maybe both guys graded out the same?

Kiper had Dickson higher on his big board, but McDouche keeps talking about how much he loves Pitta. If I had to guess, I'd say we didn't feel too strongly either way as to which guy was better, and when we saw Pitta sitting there still, we pulled the trigger on him to hedge our bets. That way, we don't look stupid for taking the wrong one when the other one turns into Jason Witten.

I just wish we hedged our bets with corners and receivers too.....

I have to say that I loved Pitta coming into the draft. For someone who "lacks" athleticism he sure seems to do a nice job of getting open in tight spaces and has very good hands as well.

I liked the Dickson pick as well but I loved the Pitta pick.