ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kiper is excited about Perriman as experts grade Ravens draft

TBird

Nobody on the net gives them below a B.

Mel Kiper, ESPN A- Bryan Fischer, NFL.com A Jamie Dukes, NFL.com B Rob Rang, CBS Sports A Evan Silva, Yahoo! A Chris Burke and Doug Farrar, SI.com B

Round 1, No. 26
WR Breshad Perriman (UCF): “Better Than Torrey Smith”

Kiper knows that many will call him a homer because he’s from Baltimore and he gave the Ravens the best grade of all 32 teams (tied with Seahawks, Steelers, Redskins, Jets), but “I call them as I see them,” he wrote. And his pre-draft Big Board is the best proof of an objective opinion. Baltimore drafted three players in the first 90 picks who were among Kiper’s Top 50 before the selecting even began.

“Breshad Perriman could have been off the board by No. 14, and I wouldn't have blinked,” Kiper wrote. “To get a big (218 pounds), fast (sub-4.3 speed) big-play threat such as this at No. 26 is a great get. You bet Perriman needs to be more consistent with his hands, but there's some Dez Bryant to his game.”

During a conference call Sunday afternoon, Kiper added: "I think he'll be better than Torrey Smith."

Meanwhile, College Football 24/7 writer Bryan Fischer represented those who are concerned about Perriman as a first-round pick. Writing for NFL.com, Fischer said, “It's hard to criticize a pick by esteemed GM Ozzie Newsome, but the selection of Perriman is interesting, given his lack of college production and issues with drops. He's a great replacement for Torrey Smith, giving the team some ability to stretch the field, and he lands with the perfect team to learn the game behind some veterans on offense. His game film at UCF gives some cause for concern, but not much apparently for the Baltimore front office.”

#7 in the post draft Power Rankings...

Ravens
10-6

Up 4 spots
Last Week: # 11 The priority in the draft? Find Joe Flacco someone to throw to. The Ravens drafted four pass-catchers after losing Torrey Smith and Owen Daniels this offseason. http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/0

Breshad+Perriman+Central+Florida+v+Baylo

That's what I kept saying about Torrey all those years. That's

how we won SB 47. He didn't do much but take his corners

deep in the corner which opened the middle - even more so

with JJ doing the same on the other side.

Pitta caught his TD over the middle.

Of course Torrey and JJ are gone so now they can't put an

extra man in the box.

That's what I kept saying about Torrey all those years. That's

how we won SB 47. He didn't do much but take his corners

deep in the corner which opened the middle - even more so

with JJ doing the same on the other side.

Pitta caught his TD over the middle.

Of course Torrey and JJ are gone so now they can't put an

extra man in the box.

You're spot on TBird. That ability to go deep opens up the middle and sidelines for the other receivers. We have to have that as Torrey showed. Plus all the PI calls.