ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Post Donkey Game Q 's

varaven45

In lamenting over yesterdays loss, a few Q s quickly came to mind:

1. In the final potential game winning drive, after Forsett's 10- 15 yd run, why with 1 minute (and 2 TOs) did we pass every down ? Denver was bringing the heat every play; and the run game was starting to click. If nothing else, it may have kept the rush off guard. Hindsight is 20/20 but we had plenty of time.

2. Who filled in for Suggs after he went out ? Aside from the 10-11 minutes drive, the D actually looked fine. I noticed Suggs had no sacks or tackles. Perhaps his backups are just fine. We lose leadership and veteran presence but maybe Daryl Smith becomes that guy.

3. What happened to Trestman's withholding the game plan in the pre-season; keeping it vanilla ? Is he still keeping in vanilla ?

4. What the hell happened to our O - line ? Ben R loses Pouncey and everyone in the NFL said the sky is falling. Pitts O was fine in NE. We are supposed to have this elite O-Line; what happened ?

5. This team abandons the run game too soon, too often. Why, with the lack of decent receivers (S Smith our best), did we not pound the ball, especially before game changing pick 6 to Talib. We had just run the ball for 20- 25 yards with Buck Allen. At worst, we run and stall near mid field and punt/pin Broncos near goal line. We could have done what Denver did to us on that 10-11 minute drive.

Thoughts ?

In lamenting over yesterdays loss, a few Q s quickly came to mind:

1. In the final potential game winning drive, after Forsett's 10- 15 yd run, why with 1 minute (and 2 TOs) did we pass every down ? Denver was bringing the heat every play; and the run game was starting to click. If nothing else, it may have kept the rush off guard. Hindsight is 20/20 but we had plenty of time.

- I was just disappointed that Flacco was forced to throw those rainbow lob passes back to back. Would have been great to see him step into a pass and throw a laser to Aiken or Gilmore on a quick slant. Flacco didn't have time to do shit this game.

2. Who filled in for Suggs after he went out ? Aside from the 10-11 minutes drive, the D actually looked fine. I noticed Suggs had no sacks or tackles. Perhaps his backups are just fine. We lose leadership and veteran presence but maybe Daryl Smith becomes that guy.

- I am wondering the same thing. Who is the Defensive leader? Who will tell the defensive to settle down and relax when in a goal line stand, or to bring the heat when we need a sack? Doom is too quiet, Webb too quiet, Ngata is gone, Jimmy is too young, Mosley too young. Daryl Smith seems the logical choice.

4. What the hell happened to our O - line ? Ben R loses Pouncey and everyone in the NFL said the sky is falling. Pitts O was fine in NE. We are supposed to have this elite O-Line; what happened ?

- I think we just played the best pass rushing team in the NFL yesterday. Ware and Miller are absolute monsters. Can only go up from here

Man, I'm really hoping the offensive line and receivers turn it around next week. I am optimistic about the line given the talent, but the receivers scare me. I am very excited about our tight end group.

I give Trestman credit for making adjustments on that last drive. Got Buck Allen involved, threw to the tight ends. No shots downfield. Receivers couldn't get open, line couldn't give Flacco enough time.

I hope to see Perriman back soon, but I am worried this is a long term injury. He isn't even running.