ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

MAXX ends season on high note

TBird

He had 58 yards on 11 catches in Cinci finishing on a high note. He had 268 yards

for the year. BTW, that's the

best any rookie TE did for the Ravens including Heap and Pitta and Ravens won a

SB with Pitta and a ton of playoff games with Heap.

Maxx also moved the chains gaining 11 yards in at least 11 of 16 games. That was

written up in his scouting reports that he is a chain mover. It was doubted how much

he could score in the red zone and his size dropped him from the first to second round.

He's only 21 and hasn't bulked up yet. HARBs loves his toughnest and says Maxx is his

kind of guy (TE). He said guys bounced off of him, he didn't bounce off anyone and scored

a TD jumping over a guy after running over two guys in his season high light vid.

That said, Cinci didn't exactly bring their A game still winning it so they probably let up but

once Maxx bulks up the rest will come as he'll run over even more people while moving

the chains and being a big target in the red zone for the TDs.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Maxx-Williams-Ends-Rookie-Year-On-A-High-Note/d02701ba-8e61-4878-8376-3cdcc232613f

He can't be suspended twice by the commish who suspended Rice twice and the Ravens once for

a total of 3 times.

He suspended her the first time for a certain number of games and then indefinitely the second

time after the vid came out.

Her wording is precise that the commissioner cannot suspend a player twice for the

same crime. That doesn't mean an owner of a team can't suspend his employee also.

Ravens suspended him then NFL for 2 games and then indefinitely after the vid cam out and Ravens

dismissed him.

Judge ruled double jeopardy in the NFLs case of 2 suspensions but your point is well taken and

Baddall might be snake bit to suspend Nicky Boyle after Ravens just did. The rest of the country

wanted tougher measures taken vs Rice and didn't feel Baddy was strict enough.

Goodell suspended Rice indefinitely on Sept. 8, shortly after a video of the assault surfaced. The commissioner had previously suspended Rice two games for the incident, prompting a fierce outcry from critics who said the league did not take domestic violence seriously enough.

In her ruling, which brought new scrutiny to Goodell's oft-criticized handling of player discipline, Jones called the second, indefinite suspension “arbitrary.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-sources-ray-rice-nflpa-contemplating-legal-grievance-options-20140914-story.html

Under Article 46, Section 4 of the collective bargaining agreement governing 'One Penalty,' it states that, "The Commissioner and a Club will not both discipline a player for the same act or conduct. The Commissioner’s disciplinary action will preclude or supersede disciplinary action by any Club for the same act or conduct."

Have you considered knowing what you are talking about before you talk about it?

UM Sporty - I don't have your time to read the entire CBA.

Goody didn't know it either and he's a lawyer who gets paid to know such things

(and he's always getting over-turned in court)

and he suspended him twice and was just over

ruled based on the article you just posted. ILMAO.

Ravens suspended him once and then released him after the vid and still it stands.

That's double jepardy too.

So Rice actually got whacked 4 times (twice from Ravens, twice from Goody)

for 1 offense and then was black balled

from getting back in.

Yeah when you settle it is out of court. That is how it works. A judgement would be in court. Also many times ppl pay off the person who has sued them bc it is cheaper to pay them off. I can't believe I have to explain the obvious

Really? That's what it was - explaining? ILMAO

You need to explain it to Goody since he's the one who always loses in court and he's

a lawyer and isn't up on procedure as much as you. ILAMO

We've been hit hard by injuries the past two years. Williams wasn't exactly Mr. Durable his rookie year. I'd keep all three as insurance. If we lose Gillmore in a couple years to free agency, I'll take the third/fourth round compensation pick provided he develops as we expect.

Really? That's what it was - explaining? ILMAO

You need to explain it to Goody since he's the one who always loses in court and he's

a lawyer and isn't up on procedure as much as you. ILAMO

Why do that. he is doing everything possible to destroy the game. I have said every time he wil lose in court. I am always told he will win this one or that one and he always loses.

We've been hit hard by injuries the past two years. Williams wasn't exactly Mr. Durable his rookie year. I'd keep all three as insurance. If we lose Gillmore in a couple years to free agency, I'll take the third/fourth round compensation pick provided he develops as we expect.

He was a rookie this yr. Many times this happens to rookies. They can't keep all of them so they should get value for one guy.

Why do that. he is doing everything possible to destroy the game. I have said every time he wil lose in court. I am always told he will win this one or that one and he always loses.

He was a rookie this yr. Many times this happens to rookies. They can't keep all of them so they should get value for one guy.

Agree to disagree. Develop and keep them all and take the comp pick down the line, unless a team offers a first or second rounder.