ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Adam Loewen

Well, after his last injury we were going to make him an OF. He skipped town though. Like Bedard, I remember lots of talk about him really preferring to play in Canada.

I was playing MLB The Show 2010 and I was in single A and the opposing team had a batter named Rocky Cherry. I checked to see if he was playing somewhere, perhaps not pitching, but he wasnt.

I remember we wanted to keep Loewen but he was still set on pitching so he left. What are you going to do?

I am glad he is doing well, but its no great loss. He is a 26 year old AA player after all.

I would love to have Loewen in our system, and it is pretty incredible that he has been able to make it to AA so quickly. Loewen is having a very similar season to our AA left fielder Tyler Henson:

Loewen is batting: .275/.366/.475/.841 with 10 HR, 49 RBI, 10 SB, 35 BB, and 77 SO in 79 games

Henson is batting: .299/.355/.475/.829 with 9 HR, 42 RBI, 5 SB, 27 BB, and 88 SO in 82 games

Henson is an interesting prospect, he has always put up good, but never great numbers in the minors as he has steadily progressed through the minors (OPS of .763, .703, and .725 the past three years). Henson is having a career year this season in Bowie as he has finally found a permanent defensive position in the outfield (he has been shifted from SS early in his career to 3B the past couple of seasons to LF part of last season and this season). Henson is a very athletic 6'1", 190 pounds, with a good arm, and has usually stolen a lot of bases in his minor league career. The guy is only 22-years old (days older than our top prospect Zach Britton), he is a guy to keep your eye on, he could be a late bloomer.

I am not saying that what Loewen has done isnt good or impressive. It is. I just dont think its a big loss losing a 26 year old AA player. He might make it and have some good years for someone, but I still wont kick myself over this loss.

I was playing MLB The Show 2010 and I was in single A and the opposing team had a batter named Rocky Cherry. I checked to see if he was playing somewhere, perhaps not pitching, but he wasnt.

Haha, that's funny!

I am not saying that what Loewen has done isnt good or impressive. It is. I just dont think its a big loss losing a 26 year old AA player. He might make it and have some good years for someone, but I still wont kick myself over this loss.

No, I completely agree. Loewen had a chance to play for his favorite team growing up and I cannot hate him for that.