ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kindle injured

vmax

Narcolepsy sounds like an excuse. I don't believe it.

Not really an excuse, the opposite if anything, he should be even more carefull how to sleep, eat and drink properly and so on. And that was likely not the case, something is not perfect with the kid.. the car thing and what more.. and now flying down the stairs in the middle of the nigth.

Have we seen a medical diagnosis on this. To me it is just an excuse to cover from the fall to running his car into the building. Also two days ago is the first I have ever seen Narcolepsy and sleep walking being joined.

Not sure if this is enough?

Bisciotti said he heard about the incident on Friday, and then had a meeting about the Ravens’ roster with General Manager Ozzie Newsome on Saturday. He also noted that Texas Head Coach Mack Brown recently revealed that Kindle was taking drugs for narcolepsy.

And when our owner thinks Kindles has a brigth future, it should end the debat for now.

Update...

Sergio Kindle remains hospitalized in Dallas with a fractured skull, but the Ravens linebacker is expected to be transferred to a rehab facility next week, according to coach John Harbaugh.

Harbaugh spoke with Kindle on Tuesday night. "He's in great spirits," Harbaugh said.

Kindle remains one of the few unsigned draft picks in the NFL. Talks have been pushed aside until Kindle makes more progress.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/08/kindle_to_be_transferred_to_rehab_facility_next_week.html

We're beginning to see how serious this injury is given the long hospital stay and now, time at a rehab facility. I don't see why you would go to a rehab facility unless you had some brain damage and had to re-learn/practice how to get back to your normal state of functioning.

I know next to nothing about fractured skulls/brain injuries. I think it can effect your motor mechanisms.

This has to be a real scary time for Sergio.

What happens if he doesn't recover quickly enough and the Ravens don't offer him a contract? Does he sit out the season and go back into the draft? Does he become a free agent? Can he still sign for the Ravens when he has recovered?

They're going to offer him a contract anyway, so that's not important.

I'm not so sure of that. Contracts have guaranteed money and he may never play a down.

The Ravens are mum on this issue...checking with the league office on how to proceed.