ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 4

deeshopper

Well, this is where I disagree with you. I didn't think we played bad. Defense stayed strong, the offense stalled out after a strong first half, but they were able to pull it together. I saw a lot of things I liked. Flacco threw effectively to the middle of the field, we used different snap counts to get the Steelers defense to show their blitzes pre-snap, offensive protection was very good, secondary played a great game (hats off to Webb, he is back and he locked down Mike Wallace) and we didn't kill ourselves with penalties. Mind you we did all of this without a starting runningback (McLean and McGahee get injured, Rice clearly not 100%).

The offense had a strong half, but the playcalling became very suspect. That is my issue. The second half of the game was a total joke. They couldn't capitalize on the opportunities that were handed to them until the final drive (which was helped by a 10-yard penalty). That is a MAJOR issue that needs to be corrected. The Stealers offense didn't play all that well either, but the Ravens defense was solid against them. I just think the Ravens play was "OK" and that is taking into account the final drive. But I refuse to say well that final drive just negates everything that happened prior to that. In my opinion, it would be foolish to think that way.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense was good. They gave up one long drive. They stood tall with the offense turning the ball over and putting them up against the wall.

Joe was on today.

Hats off to the O line...great job. The Pittsburgh D is for real and they got wooped at the end in their own house in front of their fans.

Dee...no team looks good in a Ravens/Stealers game.

It's always a smashmouth train wreck.

What's important is today the Ravens didn't self destruct in the final minutes. They found a way to win rather than lose.

Tomlin was all snug thinking he had the win.

Wrong!