ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 3 Pre Season Game Thoughts

vmax

Story of the Night...Preston nails what I saw...

The New York Giants couldn't slow the Ravens down because they didn't have one player to focus on.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-0829-20100827,0,872619.column

No more take away Mason and stop the Ravens passing attack.

Double coverage just created mismatches elsewhere. Plus...Heap, Bouldin, Dickson/Pitta create physical mismatches. All of them have great hands. Try to stop them and Ray Rice is all alone.

Somebody was always open.

Every defense the Ravens will face this year will have to play them 'honest'.

Why?

Because the Ravens have a QB who can make every throw.

Joe had a good game reading the defense. I like him in the no huddle. It wasn't dink and dunk tonight. It wasn't flag football. It was "Need 12 yards? No problem."

Loved the bazillion formations Cam is using.

This offense will morph up this season. We have seen only a taste of what Cam has planned....and he hasn't unleashed the rushing attack yet.

Quick thoughts: Ellerbe's a beast...every time I looked up, Nakamura was making a play...Gooden does not impress me...looks like Reed won't make the cut...same for Prince Miller...nice game Cory Redding...Travis Fisher "Come on man!"...Troy Smith has poor pocket awareness...Sergoi Kindle has his photo in with the roster photos in the game program. Now if he can only get his face in Baltimore...Good game Cris Carr...I feel bad for Edgar Jones. He had a solid game and I have to wonder if being a team player and foregoing his linebackers duties to help out the offense at TE last year will hurt him at the final cut. He could have been developing his skill at LB while the others LB's developed....It woul;d have been a mean trick to have anybody battle Sam Koch for the punter position...I'm beginning to think this might be the best Special Teams unit since 2000. We'll see. There's no Jermaine Lewis in this group or automatic Matt...not yet....the Ravens have dominated in the field position battle 2 weeks in a row....I freaked when I saw Ray with the huge ice bag on his knee but later he had it off and was walking around having fun. He can't run sideline to sideline like he used to. On a couple of sweeps the 'old Ray' would have run down the runner. Instead has was a step behind....mixed thoughts on the Paul Kruger DE experiment. On one play he lined up as the nose tackle. It was like a fly hitting a brick wall....It feels great having Bouldin on this roster.

What I loved was the way Flacco took command of the offense. He had that "look" in his eyes the whole game. He was scanning the whole field and throwing to multiple receivers all over the field. Most impressively though was the way Flacco was manipulating the defense. He was looking off the DBs one way and throwing to the other side. And he was making adjustments at the line to exploit mismatches. The adjustment on the Boldin touchdown pass was a thing of beauty. Flacco is going to have a huge year this season.

I know Fantasy doesn't mean crap, but put it this way...2 leagues I am in Flacco has gone before Brady..

I have a feeling about Dickson. With Donte injured I think he may be the "next man up."

I left in early Q3....at that point we rushed the ball like maybe 5 times????? That has to be a record!

Guest BallTMore

Flacco was manipulating the defense. He was looking off the DBs one way and throwing to the other side. And he was making adjustments at the line to exploit mismatches. The adjustment on the Boldin touchdown pass was a thing of beauty. Flacco is going to have a huge year this season.

Agree

Loved the pump fake! It's great to see Joe add it to his game.

Ray Rice is so elusive it's ridiculous. I don't think he'll hit a slump this season.

Also agree about Ellerbie. Not sure what McClain did to surpass him on the depth chat, but I don't see it lasting long.