ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Injury updates

vmax

The former third-round draft pick (Webb) has been full-go in practice, not showing any problems running and cutting.

“It’s up to them, so I’m going to leave it up to them, me, and how my body feels,” Webb told reporters. “When it’s ready, l’ll be back out, because I’m excited.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/08/30/webb-wont-play-vs-rams/

Clayton doesn’t expect it to affect his status for the regular season opener on Sept. 13 and Head Coach John Harbaugh said he expects Clayton will play.

“No, not at all,” Clayton said when asked if he would have to sit out Week 1. “Just my neck’s pretty sore. He caught me in the ear, neck area. Other than that we’re pretty good.”

It seemed that Clayton was going to pop off the turf without a problem right after the hit. But after starting to hoist himself up, Clayton said he felt a rush of blood to his head so he lowered himself back to the ground.

He said he was having a conversation with himself out on the turf.

“I was like, ‘Man, I can’t believe he hit me like that,’” Clayton said. “I saw it coming and I was like, ‘Dang, he’s going to hit me.’ And then I was like, ‘Dang, he hit me.’”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/08/30/clayton-sore-but-fine-for-week-1/

Fabian Washington missed practice with bruised ribs, but the injury won't affect him for the season opener. The cornerback wasn't expected to play in Thursday's preseason finale even if he was healthy.Washington injured his ribs on the first play of Saturday's 24-10 win against the New York Giants, but played the rest of the first half.

"I was making tackles and running into people, and it just kept hurting," he said. "At half, I said, 'Enough is enough.'"

In addition to Washington, wide receivers Donte' Stallworth ( broken foot) and Mark Clayton (concussion), guards David Hale (bruised tailbone) and Daniel Sanders (left arm/shoulder), Gaither and rookie nose tackle Terrence Cody (swelling in left knee) were absent from the portion of practice open to the media.

In addition to Cousins, rookie fullback Mike McLaughlin was present, but he was wearing shorts. Cornerbacks Lardarius Webb (knee surgery) and K.J. Gerard (hamstring) and wide receiver Eron Riley (strained back) practiced after missing Saturday's contest.

Cornerback Doug Dutch was released by the team, which must cut four more players by Thursday at 4 p.m. to meet the NFL's 75-player maximum.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-notebook-0831-20100830,0,6970906.story

Kindle should be comming to Baltimore later this week for tests at the hospital. He's not allowed at the Ravens facility until he's medically cleared