ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

TOP NFL Coaches

BMoreHon

I think Harbaugh should be higher. Shanahan shouldn't get top 10 props until that cluster f in DC gets figured out...And I love the quote by Leinhart in hindsight :)

1. Bill Belichick, Patriots

QB Tom Brady(notes): Ive always been privileged to play for Coach Belichick, who Ive always said is the best coach in the history of the league. In terms of his work ethic and his preparation, hes as diligent as hes ever been.

2. Sean Payton, Saints

QB Drew Brees(notes): (Paytons ranking is) well deserved. I mean, its hard to say whos No. 1. But you certainly cant argue with what Bill Belichick has done in his tenure there. … With the exception of training camp, guys have fun here. So I would say, more than anything, the way that Sean Payton is able to complement and combine that very disciplined, fair but stern attitude, with, Hey, were going to have fun, and were going to enjoy what we do, (is what makes him a great coach).

3. Jeff Fisher, Titans

DB Vincent Fuller(notes): Once he gets that Super Bowl title, which I hope we can bring him in the next couple of years, then hell be higher on the list. … He is the longest-tenured coach, so he has the respect there. And he takes care of his players. I dont have another coach to base things off of, but I always hear horror stories from players whove left who complain and say it wasnt like it was in Tennessee, coachingwise.

4. Mike Shanahan, Redskins

MLB London Fletcher(notes): Coach Shanahan should be the No. 1-rated coach in the league. Hes won back-to-back Super Bowls. Hes a proven winner. His approach to the game, the way he handles this team, is great. … He treats us like men .

5. Mike Tomlin, Steelers

ILB James Farrior(notes): He might even need to be higher. What hes done since hes been here has been phenomenal. His first year, he was a little hard on us, but he learned from that and the next year he changed a couple things and we were very successful.

6. Andy Reid, Eagles

FB Leonard Weaver(notes): Obviously, Coach Reid hasnt won (a Super Bowl) yet. … (But) if youre going to base (the ranking) on wins and successnot just Super Bowls then definitely Coach Reid is top two, top three.

7. Tom Coughlin, Giants

TE Kevin Boss(notes): He could bump up over those guys who havent won Super Bowls because hes obviously done that just recently. I think that pretty much says it right there: Hes got a Super Bowl and they dont. I think he deserves to be ahead of them .

8. Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals

QB Matt Leinart(notes): Just looking back at my rookie year, what we were as a team until now its night and day. Thats due a lot to his philosophy and the attitude and discipline hes brought to us. Hes been extremely hard on me, but I think its helped me to be mentally tougher and I think all that will pay off for both of us.

9. John Harbaugh, Ravens

NT Kelly Gregg(notes): The first five picks in the poll are excellent choices, but after that, I would put John Harbaugh around sixth or seventh. Some of those guys above him have won Super Bowls, but he has also gone to the playoffs in his first two seasons as head coach here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-166944