ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Charlie Batch Comment

dc.

Had to laugh when reading the "What They're Saying About the Ravens" post in the Ravens Insider (The Sun) about who is picking the Ravens.

Some sportswriter picked the Ravens and was like "Am I the only one that noticed that Charlie 'Back on his Horse' Batch could only throw a touchdown after it hit the DB in the hands? Am I in a dream world?"

Charlie doesn't scare me. Troy does.

Guest BallTMore

Had to laugh when reading the "What They're Saying About the Ravens" post in the Ravens Insider (The Sun) about who is picking the Ravens.

Some sportswriter picked the Ravens and was like "Am I the only one that noticed that Charlie 'Back on his Horse' Batch could only throw a touchdown after it hit the DB in the hands? Am I in a dream world?"

Charlie doesn't scare me. Troy does.

Agree.

The Steelers are good, but I'm not ready to hand them the crown yet. They beat an overrated falcons team (saints are overrated,too). The titans and Bucs are nothing special either. Don't care what the" experts" say.

This its going to be an ugly one. No way the Steelers ask Batch to do anything but protect the ball.

The team that doesn't protect the ball loses. And I won't be surprised if we end up on the wrong end of this one.

Agree.

The Steelers are good, but I'm not ready to hand them the crown yet. They beat an overrated falcons team (saints are overrated,too). The titans and Bucs are nothing special either. Don't care what the" experts" say.

This its going to be an ugly one. No way the Steelers ask Batch to do anything but protect the ball.

The team that doesn't protect the ball loses. And I won't be surprised if we end up on the wrong end of this one.

Dang good post... and dead on-except for the Titans comment... you have to remember that the hatred between the Titans and Steelers is just about as high as the hatred between the Steelers and Ravens. Goes back to the old Houston Oilers days--and it is definitely remembered in the Steelers-Titans games (hence, 4 fights in that game). The bigger issue however, is that they all have decent defenses, with Tampa's seemingly getting quite good (before last Sunday), so I wouldn't discount the games THAT much. However, we have A LOT of weaknesses still, even on defense. Our late game pass coverage scares the snot out of me. We let WAY too many teams back in the game, and I am not sure that has been fixed.

Batch will be asked to do a bit more than protect the ball, but not much more. He'll put it over the top in the hopes that Wallace (or one of our two speedster rookies) can go deep on the secondary. That play will be to loosen up running lanes more than anything else, but if it hits....

But in the end, I completely agree. I do not see either team winning the game and losing the turnover battle. These two teams just hate each other too much for that, and really, I think that is what it amounts too!