ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bring It Derrick!

vmax

Derrick Mason took umbrage when he was called the “old guy” by Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder this week, and the loquacious wideout fired back Friday.

“He’s what, 20-something? He was still peeing on himself when I was playing football,0847.jpg” Mason told reporters....Mason said. “What’s his name? Crowder? Excuse me. I’ve watched him on film, so I know his name. He’s either not watching film or not paying attention in meetings. But it is what it is. You don’t play through the newspapers, you play on the field. He’s a pretty good player. He’s just got to deal with the guys up front and our fullback.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/11/05/mason-fires-back-to-chowder/

I have a feeling he's going to have a great game...and season. Thank You Chowder!

43162934.jpg

Edited by vmax

I don't think Mason took offense to being "old". Mason took offense that he can no longer play because he's old. Go ahead Chowder head, underestimate him. Poke the sleeping giant and see what happens.

Well in the original quote that stirred all this, Crowder did go out of his way to say Mason was still a good wideout.

"They have amazing receivers on the outside," Crowder told South Florida reporters. "We know [Anquan] Boldin, Houshmandzadeh and old … what the hell’s the other guy's name?"

A reporter replied, "Derrick Mason."

"There you go. Mason. The old guy," Crowder said. "He’s still good as hell, though."

link

I think Mason is just looking for something to get him going, which is cool with me if it leads to a nice performance for 85 on Sunday.

Finish it Derrick...

Mason was more colorful in his response to Crowder, one of the NFL's most infamous trash talkers. Earlier this week, Crowder referred to the 36-year-old Mason as "the old man," prompting Mason to respond back by claiming, "[Crowder] was still peeing on himself when I was playing football."

Following Sunday's game Mason again called out Crowder.

"You have to be able in this sport to be able to back up what you talk, and for some reason this guy every time he says something he doesn't back it up," Mason said. "He's not a marquee player. I don't think they even want him on this team, but they have no one to replace him. So he has to be there.

"He's in the game, and he's getting knocked down. He's getting pushed out of the way. The guy is horrible. Honestly, the guy is horrible. He's probably a good guy. Not taking that away from him, but he's horrible. He's not a good football player. Honestly, he needs to go back and watch the film and humble himself and not say anything."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5777860

He's not a marquee player. I don't think they even want him on this team, but they have no one to replace him. So he has to be there.

"He's in the game, and he's getting knocked down. He's getting pushed out of the way. The guy is horrible. Honestly, the guy is horrible. He's probably a good guy. Not taking that away from him, but he's horrible. He's not a good football player. Honestly, he needs to go back and watch the film and humble himself and not say anything."

fuc*ing epic. I bet no one ever calls out mase again. ever.