ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2021 Draft

tsylvester

It should be interesting to see what they do about the next draft. If college ball is indeed cancelled for this year, even if they some how stupidly play in the spring, what happens to the draft? Players may rise based on last year's play, while many will fall because they lacked the chance to gain the experience, thus improve their play not having another season to showcase....

First i look at the NFL season.  What is the draft order?  If they can't start the season I believe it is the same as the 2020 order.  But say they get 5 games in when the wheels come off.  Do they go with that sample set?

Now back to your questions.  That is why I was for trading out of the later picks of 2020 and trading the later picks of 2021 to have high picks all throughout the first 5 or so rounds of 2020.

I dont expect any college ball this yr.  They will have to go with tape from2019 and tons of workouts for these guys.  

• 3 months later...

So do the Ravens go for a big shot say at tight end out of Florida in the first round, or maybe a real pass rusher? Do they sit back, see who drops? There are a number of really good wideouts coming in this draft, but given the teams inability to draft them, should they give up?

Do they trade back, build up picks for 2022?

Yeah, they used to draft quantity, now they really need to draft quality, even if they only get 3 players from this draft. I know the cap is going to be tight, but to land a Pitts, or a D Smith from Bama who has really improved his hamds over the past two years.

Rousseau from Miami is interesting, big, quick, but a one year wonder, makes a lot of plays because of his size, athleticism, rather than strength & talent for the next level.  But he could be taught, and if he works at it, he could be the pass rusher this team has needed since Suggs..

The vaccine is a disaster in logistics.  We have 50 million doses right now.  The 100 mil  taken twice.  Since we did not secure the pfizer doses going forward we are at the back of the line to get more.  From what I have seen that is late summer.  Whats been secured with the rest of warp speed doesnt get up to 300 million and those companies have not been approved yet.  

Then there is the lack of ppl willing to take the vaccine.  This could very well take a long time before we can get straight.

• 3 weeks later...

The injury to Dickerson, center Bama, may have him fall to the Ravens in the mid to late round one. He would be a great addition to this line; really smart, extremely strong,  I know Castillo has played well in spots this year, but Dickerson would be a nice pick up

Yep, they landed two great pass rushers in back to back drafts betwen him and Young. But they won't be able to keep em both. I don't think there is a pass rusher like either of them from the start or worth a first round pick.

Look at Jones from Pit or Rousaeu from Miami, both are tall, rangy, good burst/quickness, but they need to develop more moves and better hand placement, along with strength to hold the edge.

Even Oweh from PSU has alot of potential but isn't worth the risk in the first round. Should be interesting