ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ngata gets respect

vmax

Six years ago, the Oregon Ducks defense practiced like most other college teams, with one exception: Their stud defensive lineman sat out, doing drills on the side by himself.

Haloti Ngata was too good to practice with the rest of the team. He hampered the offense's development.

"We couldn't get plays off," said Steelers backup quarterback Dennis Dixon, who played for the Ducks, including one season with Ngata. "Seriously. He was that big, he was that effective. He didn't practice with us at all."

Ngata, now a Baltimore Ravens defensive lineman, is bigger now, listed at 6-foot-4 and 350 pounds. "He might be more than 350," Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey said. "He hits like he's 500."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11014/1117796-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1B3khbvwa

He's going to create Hell for the Steeler O line tomorrow.

58503985.jpg

The question is can they afford Ngata. With that ridiculous Albert deal and also with Suggs deal and how he is only now living up to it Ngata could get a $100 mil 6 yr deal with $40 mil upfront. If I were his agent I would argue that. If it gets to crazy numbers they might have to let him leave.

I wanted them to resign him 3 yrs ago before he became a ridiculous stud. But why use forethought.