ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Maryland and US Saturated by Covid

vmax

Maryland reported 2,044 new coronavirus cases Thursday and 48 deaths tied to COVID-19, the most in a single day since May.

Maryland reported 195 deaths in the month of October but has now added 606 deaths in November and the first three days of December.

....the state will see nearly 8,900 deaths by March 1, 2021, just less than double the current death toll. With “universal masking,” that projection falls to just above 7,900 deaths............https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-coronavirus-daily-numbers-dec-3-cases-hospitalizations-20201203-5bkytipkdncapmypp2xz3ldbme-story.html

We know what to do.

Yet the situation has changed. It's escalated and is getting darker.  Currently...12/3/20... Virus is saturating every place that the public gathers. It's not like it was this summer, where levels were low and it was harder to get dosed. It's basically not safe anywhere. Especially at home if you have people coming in and out. That is the main source of the spread. Small gatherings.

Having the vaccine is great news...if it works. Yet this will not get us through the next 3 months. It will be a beginning toward a possible end.  I'm going to take it asap as a civic duty, not because I feel safe taking it. The opposite: I feel like a human guinea pig. A lab volunteer. At best, if I can get vaccinated by the end of this month. then I'll need the final shot by the end of January. Then comes the leap of faith that I'm immune. Yet...I don't know if I will still be a carrier or how long the vaccine will be effective. So masks and social distancing will remain an important part of our lives for....at least 6 months.

I'm quarantining because I can. I'm retired. If I was 50, then I'd be working. The isolation wears me down at times. Not being together with my children hurts. It's not happening for these holidays, in hopes that we can be together next year for the holidays. Nevertheless, staying at home and isolating as much as possible is the right thing to do. It protects me, yet more importantly it protects others from the very real possibility of them catching it from me and taking it into their homes and families.

We are in one hard period of darkness before we will experience the light. Let's pull through this together.

Its getting bad. I work for a health care company and one of the executives/doctors has been doing weekly Webex meetings talking about the situation, how we are dealing with it,  and what to expect.  Last meeting he seemed really worried and the numbers do not sound good. 

I usually have to go in 2-3 days a week and work the rest from home - depending on projects.  Naturally we have to mask up but now we have to wear face shields too.  So we are going to try to only go in one day a week for a while - even if it's a long terrible day.  

Lol they provided us with shields today. Cheapest things I've ever seen.

I have a lot of friends now who are showing signs of wear. I wouldn't call them depressed...one definitely is....most are just down. I just sent a Christmas floral bouquet to a family member who is really stressed out. then I mailed some holiday packages to my children. i find that taking any kind of positive action helps others...and me.

I think it's important, when out, to say hi and give a smile...to whoever is there. Any little bit helps to raise the vibration.

It's December 4th. We have a long way to go.

Yeah we do, and the vaccine undertaking is going to be huge.

Earlier today I read an article about the vaccine in an international paper stating how its going to be a huge undertaking in the US because of how prone to misinformation we have become. Most places will probably start with the older population getting the vaccine first but that may not be recommended here because older people often have more health issues or die and a segment of the population will look at those natural things as being side effects from the vaccine. Basically the world knows we are going to be screwed for a while because we have allowed ourselves to be dumbed down.