ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Good

vmax

Nothing should be off limits in the attempt to find out how and why January 6th happened. There are tons of unanswered questions. a lot of people dropped the ball and leaders right up to Trump fueled the fire. I don't want a political witch hunt. I don't need a scapegoat. Just the Truth. We need to make sure insurrections can't happen again in the USA. 

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), who is chairing the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, said former President Trump will be part of his inquiry, telling The Guardian that "nothing is off limits."

Thompson, who also serves as the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee and authored the bill creating the independent commission, said he is prepared to depose lawmakers and senior Trump administration officials who might have taken part in the attack.

He told The Guardian that he "absolutely" intends on conducting a wide-ranging probe against Trump and some of his top allies on Capitol Hill.

"The issues of January 6 are one of the most salient challenges we have as a nation, to make sure that this democracy does not fall prey to people who don't really identify with democracy," Thompson told the news outlet.

He said Trump and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy are among the key witnesses in the investigation, largely because the California Republican was on the phone with Trump when the attack was taking place.

"There will not be a reluctance on the part of the committee to pursue it," Thompson said, referring to McCarthy's call. "The committee will want to know if there is a record of what was said."

He also said any communication with Trump from that day will be important to examine.

"If somebody spoke to the president on January 6, I think it would be important for our committee to know what was said. I can't imagine you talk about anything else to the president on January 6," he said....Panel chair says Trump will be part of Jan. 6 inquiry (msn.com)

I can agree with this....

In labeling Trump a war criminal, Bernstein specifically pointed to his administration's response to the Covid-19 health crisis and the January 6 Capitol riot. The journalist said it's important to look at the "tens of thousands of people who died because of his homicidal negligence in the pandemic" and his "fomenting a coup to hold on to office." Trump put his own electoral interest above the health of Americans "as they were slaughtered in this pandemic," Bernstein added.....Carl Bernstein: Trump is a 'war criminal' (msn.com)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/qanon-loving-ex-marine-accused-184646156.html

A QAnon-loving ex-Marine was still on parole for several crimes when he allegedly assaulted at least two police officers during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot—and fled his California sober living home for Mexico as the FBI hunted him down.

We hate the mexicans who come here but I will escape to where they come from.

Also good.....

Rosen, Donoghue and Clark were among former Trump administration officials who will be called to testify before Congress as part of lawmakers' investigation into whether Trump tried to use the Justice Department to subvert the election results in the weeks leading up to Jan. 6. A mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol that day, disrupting a congressional session to certify election results.......Trump pushed Justice Dept. to back election fraud claims, notes show (usatoday.com)

This is very damning news. He actively fueled the fire to keep the big lie going. He was setting up 1/6. All Rosen had to do was lie to the public.

"Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen,'" Trump said in a December phone call with former Acting Attorney General Jeff Rosen, according to handwritten notes of the conversation.

The disclosures provide more insight into how Trump tried to use the country's top law enforcement agency to back claims that the last election had been stolen from him even though the Justice Department had found no evidence of widespread fraud that would've changed the results. 

Democracy means nothing to this low life scum bag.