ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ngata on board

vmax

Good news. It's not the long term contract but Ngata signed the tender today and said he wants to stay here...

Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata will sign his franchise tender today according to his agent, Mike McCartney, NFL.com reports.

The one-year deal is worth a reported $12.476 million, which is the average of the top-five defensive tackles in the NFL. According to the Baltimore Sun, it’s the richest franchise tender for a non-quarterback in the league.

Ravens management and Ngata are still working towards a long-term deal, which he could sign under a new CBA. The expiring CBA rules for free agency did not allow such a contract at this time.

“I’m happy that they want to keep me,” Ngata told BaltimoreRavens.com Wednesday. “Hopefully we can work on something long term. I don’t want to play anywhere else.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/03/02/reports-ngata-will-sign-franchise-tender/