ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How Houston got signed

vmax

I think this is a fantastic story and tribute to Houston for the kind of man he is and for the Ravens organization.

On his “Football Morning in America” writeup, Peter King of NBC Sports recently shared a story of how Houston ended up with the Ravens, detailing some of the conversations between Baltimore general manager Eric DeCosta and Houston’s agent Joel Segal.

“Houston’s agent, Joel Segal, called DeCosta a couple of times after Houston’s time in Indianapolis ended last winter. DeCosta told Segal the Ravens just didn’t have the cap money to go after Houston. Make an offer, Segal said. I don’t want to insult a guy who will be a Hall of Fame candidate one day, DeCosta said. Meanwhile, cornerback Marcus Peters, one of Houston’s good friends, texted DeCosta in all-caps one day: JUSTIN HOUSTON. Finally, DeCosta told Segal he’d make an offer. One year, $2 million. DeCosta felt almost embarrassed, and for a player coming off a two-year, $18-million deal in Indy, the offer was a major comedown. Houston settled for a year and $2.075 million. He just wanted to play for the Ravens.”.............Peter King tells story of how Justin Houston ended up on the Ravens (msn.com)

Amazing! :gorave:

It's so good to have a high quality vet with our young players. They have embraced him from the start. I think they will have a lot of success and fun together.