ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

OBJ at practice

tsylvester

I've had to get them from time to time in my knees when I was younger, my doctor advised against them, why?

Cartilage damage.

Death of nearby bone.

Joint infection.

Nerve damage.

Temporary facial flushing.

Temporary flare of pain and inflammation in the joint.

Temporary increase in blood sugar.

Tendon weakening or rupture.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cortisone-shots/about/pac-20384794

Harbs a few days ago

The Baltimore Ravens are taking a slow-and-steady approach with how they are dealing with Rashod Bateman. The wideout is working his way back from a Lisfranc foot injury that cut his 2022 season short. While he was reportedly limited throughout OTAs, Bateman opted for a cortisone shot that has him sidelined for mandatory minicamp, head coach John Harbaugh told reporters Tuesday. 

Harbaugh noted that the team decided to allow him to keep rehabbing with the main focus being ready to go for training camp. Leading up to Day 2 of Baltimore's minicamp, the head coach dove further into that decision for Bateman to get the shot, telling CBS Sports NFL Insider Josina Anderson it was to help with the healing process after the screws were removed from his foot. 

"Each injury is different," Harbaugh told Anderson. "Lisfranc, per se, is a different injury. The screws come in, it heals, and then the screws come out and sometimes you have to deal with the screw coming out and how that heals. That was really the issue with him. It's just the matter of putting some cortisone in there and helping that healing process when the screw came out, so it's not a structural issue at all. It is an issue of just comfort and making sure it's right for training camp." 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-john-harbaugh-explains-why-rashod-bateman-received-a-cortisone-shot-in-his-injured-foot/