ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bolden on the offense

tsylvester

It is a good read if you have time

I think they have the right receivers in the room," Boldin told Fox News Digital while in the "Ultimate Baltimore Ravens Fan Room" at Courtyard by Marriott. "I think they’re still in the process of filling out who can do what. You look at it, they have a new offensive coordinator this year after G-Rome [Greg Roman] the last couple years. So they’re still trying to figure those pieces out. New offensive system. You went from a run-heavy offense to now trying to be more balanced. They’re still trying to figure that piece out. Like I said, how do we use the guys around us? Because they have some dynamic pieces, so just trying to figure it out."

The Ravens’ dynamic bunch that Boldin mentions includes Zay Flowers, the team’s rookie first-round pick who leads Baltimore with 442 receiving yards in seven games, including his four-catch, 75-yard performance against the Lions. Veteran tight end threat Mark Andrews is next with 357 and Nelson Agholor has 222.

That's not to mention Odell Beckham Jr., who joined the team this season after missing all of 2022 to recover from a torn ACL. He had five catches for 49 yards to get to 162 on the year.

"It also a little different in the fact that nowadays you don’t play as much in the preseason," he explained. "In the past, you use those games to kinda gel together and get that continuity going. Now, people seem more concerned about being healthy going into the season, which is a good thing. When you don’t play in the preseason, you don’t get that experience playing together. It takes a little time during the season to gel together."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/anquan-boldin-explains-ravens-dynamic-receivers-only-get-better-each-game

Interesting remarks about how chemistry takes longer now that starters aren't playing in the pre-season and I agree with him that it's better to start healthy in the regular season than play in 'exhibition' games. So maybe now, with the regular season games they have behind them and the obvious talent in the new receivers and the line, it makes sense the Ravens have come together to put it all together. We'll know more after the Cards game. The trick here is to not let up either in-game or between games.