ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Next Year's Team

cmacarolle21

Mark Clayton is a good #2 receiver I don't feel too good about having him be our #1 receiver should Mason not return next year. Clayton's got speed sure but, his hands aren't as sure as I'd like them to be. Do we want to go through the draft or do we want to sign a seasoned veteran; or just go and try to sign Mason again.

I'm riding high on the emotions from the win, so Mark Clayton is the man! I will say this, that play Clayton made on the deep ball in double coverage bailing out Flacco is the stuff #1 receivers are made of. That is what this team has been missing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Clayton is a good #2 receiver I don't feel too good about having him be our #1 receiver should Mason not return next year. Clayton's got speed sure but, his hands aren't as sure as I'd like them to be. Do we want to go through the draft or do we want to sign a seasoned veteran; or just go and try to sign Mason again.

Considering that it's Clayton's speed--not hands--that is inhibiting him, I'd say that you're pretty wrong, buddy.

I don't care about the depth chart right now, though.

In my opinion Clayton and Mason are virtually identical, Clayton being the quicker, younger one, and Mason being the more experienced, better route-runner.

That is how I see it. Mason had similar speed to Clayton when he was younger. Mason still has it every once and awhile as he manages to slip past the secondary every once and awhile. I feel that Clayton is on a career path to becoming Derrick's heir. That is great for us granted we are able to get a bigger deep threat to play across from Mark. Get Flacco a deep threat like DHB and he will have a great pair of receivers to throw to for the next decade.

What if Heyward-Bey is already gone? Maclin and Harvin are the deep threats we need! :D Height is overrated. It's all about routes and speed.

Maclin would actually be my first choice, possibly over even over Crabtree. Maclin is much more polished as a receiver than Harvin or DHB. Harvin and DHB are a little raw at the receiver position. Harvin played more of the Peter Warrick role in the Florida offense taking a lot of snaps, handoffs, and reverses. DHB is a true deep threat, but UMD never had the QB to throw to him. Flacco would have a field day with DHB at WR.