ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Chargers to Dump LT?

ForceEight

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers appear to be bracing their fans for the possibility that LaDainian Tomlinson's brilliant eight-year run with the team could be over.

According to the team's Web site, club president Dean Spanos called the star running back Thursday to discuss reports that the Chargers might part with Tomlinson, who has been slowed by injuries the last two postseasons and will count $8.8 million against the salary cap next year.

"We talked about the situation and I just tried to explain everything that must be considered," Spanos said in a story detailing the offseason decisions the team must make. "I told him we haven't even started our discussions and won't for a while, so don't jump to any conclusions. And I told him I would call him personally to make sure he's aware of everything that's going on."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3838617

Was talking to some football guys last week about how LT is going to be Shaun Alexander. The guy it seems is alway hurt anymore. But I think LT still has something left. Maybe the Chargers are trying to get him to re-work hin contract?

Maybe they can make a trade with Atlanta for Michael Turner......

Wasn't the GM the reason why they parted with Marty?