ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time to celebrate!

ForceEight

I mean, I hate how people are acting like he's the second coming and what not... but seriously... can't we give the guy, say, a month on the job before we rip him down?

Doesn't matter to me. I'm just playing on the savior garbage that everyone's dense enough to fall prey to.

Give me a break, guys ... Obama will be a fine president. People may have unrealistic expectations right now, but they're just looking for something to give them hope. Don't knock Obama for trying to inspire change in the country, and in the world.

After the last 8 years, getting an intelligent guy like Obama into office should be a huge relief. Complaining about his being elected is like the guy who is complaining about Joe Flacco not winning the Super Bowl, despite the fact that we've had Kyle Boller starting for us off-and-on for the last 5 seasons. It's good that we have increased expectations for the guy... it means he's competent. It's nice to be able to say that, for once, about the most powerful man in the world.

kramer.gif

At heart, I wasn't really knocking the man personally. My general intent in Obama arguments is to criticize the fact that our president--our political leader--has become a rock star.

Do I disagree with the vast majority of what he stands for and think that we'll be much worse off as a country because of him? Yes. Has the validity of that been argued to death for the past two years? Yes. I'm just insanely ticked that the man is our new Britney Spears.

kramer.gif

At heart, I wasn't really knocking the man personally. My general intent in Obama arguments is to criticize the fact that our president--our political leader--has become a rock star.

Do I disagree with the vast majority of what he stands for and think that we'll be much worse off as a country because of him? Yes. Has the validity of that been argued to death for the past two years? Yes. I'm just insanely ticked that the man is our new Britney Spears.

I would much rather have a rock star for a president than a clown.

You guys stayed up all night waiting to put that one out there!

We had a rock star in the house before. The guy was so much a rock star he was getting getting head from his groupies in the house!

I think we are in to deep for the new guy to do to much or anything to help at this time. As long as he doesn't do anything to screw it up any more, he should get another chance at it.

While perhaps troublesome I am not sure that's anything new. Clinton and probably more so Reagan both had periods where they were treated the same way. Of course this medium didn't exist yet (or wasnt as big), so it may not have been so obvious.

While perhaps troublesome I am not sure that's anything new. Clinton and probably more so Reagan both had periods where they were treated the same way. Of course this medium didn't exist yet, so it may not have been so obvious.

"Rock star" or not, the President should at the very least garner respect. There have been many presidents who have been as respected and admired as Obama... ask your grandparents or great-grandparents which presidents they admired during their lives.

A man should never be degraded solely because he is admired. Doing so is no different than lashing out at Ray Lewis for being a murderous thug.

"Rock star" or not, the President should at the very least garner respect. There have been many presidents who have been as respected and admired as Obama... ask your grandparents or great-grandparents which presidents they admired during their lives.

A man should never be degraded solely because he is admired. Doing so is no different than lashing out at Ray Lewis for being a murderous thug.

I'll respond after I call my grandparents and great grandparents.

I'll agree with "A man should never be degraded solely because he is admired" and disagree with "the President should at the very least garner respect". While I certainly believe in giving every incoming president a fair chance, if a president doesn't respect the oath he took, the office he holds, and the constitution than he isn't automatically worthy of my respect.

I'll agree with "A man should never be degraded solely because he is admired" and disagree with "the President should at the very least garner respect". While I certainly believe in giving every incoming president a fair chance, if a president doesn't respect the oath he took, the office he holds, and the constitution than he isn't automatically worthy of my respect.

You misunderstood... I'm not saying that the president should be respected because he is President... only that it should be the goal of our country to have a respectable man as President. While some knock him for being admired, I am glad that our new president is admirable.

And my grandparents will say that, sure, they admired certain presidents. You know, once they did something in office. The admiration of this man is based entirely on the (in my opinion, highly disagreeable) things he says, and nothing more. He has been notoriously inactive politically, so the basis of this incredible celebration is entirely premised on childish hope.

And my grandparents will say that, sure, they admired certain presidents. You know, once they did something in office. The admiration of this man is based entirely on the (in my opinion, highly disagreeable) things he says, and nothing more. He has been notoriously inactive politically, so the basis of this incredible celebration is entirely premised on childish hope.

And your objections are based on childish cynicism. Let the hopeful hope. You can reserve judgment until you see real change.

Some people try to predict what will happen, others react to what has already happened. Be whichever type you choose, but if you're going to reserve judgment, then keep your opinions to yourself until you have real complaints.