ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jon Gruden

dc.

I know it's crazy... I know it may never happen...

But how about Jon Gruden for defensive coordinator?

His ego may be too big... he may demand too much money (though, Rex wasn't cheap)...

But the only job left now is in Oakland (with Philly and KC to come, perhaps), so we know he won't end up there. And I don't think he wants to go to the college game.

He's young, he's smart, he's a bully... he doesn't strike me as being ready to sit back for a year either, even on TV.

GO STEVE GO.

I know it's crazy... I know it may never happen...

But how about Jon Gruden for defensive coordinator?

His ego may be too big... he may demand too much money (though, Rex wasn't cheap)...

But the only job left now is in Oakland (with Philly and KC to come, perhaps), so we know he won't end up there. And I don't think he wants to go to the college game.

He's young, he's smart, he's a bully... he doesn't strike me as being ready to sit back for a year either, even on TV.

GO STEVE GO.

No....I always thought gruden was an Offensive mind

Gruden is a head coach, he's not going to take a DC job, but lets say he does, lets say he would agree to take our DC job, I see no way that it's anything more than a one year gig, he'll get a job if he wants one. Of course this year there might not be an opening, but good coach have no problem taking off a year or 2 to find the right job.

Find someone who is good, but doesn't have eyes on a HC job the entire time he's here.

There's really no redeeming aspects for how silly this idea is.

There aren't any open jobs, but it's widely considered that by taking a step down, a coach concedes that they aren't fit to be a head coach anymore. That's why you don't see established head coaches taking many coordinator jobs when they're axed.

Even if Gruden did accept a job like this, you can be fully assured that it would be for no more than a year.

They spent awhile talking about this on Mike and Mike this morning, and seemed pretty confident that he'd end up on ESPN. I think TV is where he'll be; the man is a character, so he's wanted.

It is? Based on what?

Based on the fact that most teams fire their coaches no later than the first week of the new year, both to preserve the time they have to prepare, and to extend the courtesy of finding a new job to the coach.

Folks have even been muttering things about the traditionally out-of-touch Glazers for their late firing of Gruden.