ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Insider: Ray Rice: 'I outplayed my contract'

ExtremeRavens

Before playing in Torrey Smith’s charity basketball game on Friday, Ray Rice declined comment when The Baltimore Sun asked the running back about his contract situation. But on Tuesday, after representing the Ravens at the NFL’s unveiling of its new Nike uniforms, he opened up to reporters about getting a deal done.

View the full article

“The running back position is a unique position,” Rice said. “Obviously it’s a little bit harder to invest in a running back because of the wear and tear. But I’m 25 years old with a full head of steam, still learning the game, still getting better.”

Ok...here's the question.

Given the above statement by Rice, can he be like he says for 3 more years?

I think so. He's proven that he's durable, He's not a power/punishing back like Jamal. Leach takes the blows, Ray hits the holes.

I'll settle for the same production that he's had for 3 more years...gladly. Love the guy.

If he gets better, we're talking potential HOF threads 3 years from now.

Offer him more than Lynch and Foster but less than Johnson and Peterson...somewhere in the middle. He'll sign for that because the guaranteed money provides way more security than the tag....and he can be tagged in 2013 as well.

He's the man who makes this offense tick.

Pay him.