ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Mock Draft Video - April

EmDiggy

C'mon now Smurf! For starters, the outlandish part of this whole thing is that Mark Barron makes it to pick #29. Mark Barron will be loooooooong gone by the time the Ravens are on the clock...you can place big money on that! Also, safety is not that far down on the need list...we would be lucky to get Barron, but it just won't happen. Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard are both going into the last years of their contracts. The Ravens would be smart to let Ed Reed retire or test free agency and try and lock Pollard up for another 2-3 years since he is only 28 years old.

To be honest, I could easily see the Ravens going after Harrison Smith, Safety, Notre Dame. He is a strong, quick, in the box type safety that also has the ability to cover receivers...he could match up well with the new breed TE's (a la Gronkowski and Hernandez).

Please God...I pray to you that the Ravens do not take nor have the opportunity to take Mike Adams. I see bust written all over this guy. He seems way too soft for such a bohemoth. I mean someone of his size should be destorying people in college, but he just wasn't doing it...at least not on a consistent basis. If we go OL in the first round I would much rather go with Peter Konz, Kevin Zeitler, or Cordy Glenn. Hopefully Adams goes earlier to the Steelers and he can bust out for them.

In a dream scenario here are realistic players we would love to see available when we are on the clock:

David Decastro, OG, Stanford (very unlikely)

Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (not likely)

Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse (not likely)

Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama

Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia

Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor (not likely)

Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois (not likely)

Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC

Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia

Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska

Shea Mcclellin, OLB, Boise State

There is a good chance that 8-11 of those players will still be on the board when we pick and if so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens traded down with a team looking to get back into the 1st for one of the 2nd tier QB's, Coby Fleener, or if some of the DT's slide.

Either way I am just stoked we are less than 10 days away!

C'mon now Smurf! For starters, the outlandish part of this whole thing is that Mark Barron makes it to pick #29. Mark Barron will be loooooooong gone by the time the Ravens are on the clock...you can place big money on that! Also, safety is not that far down on the need list...we would be lucky to get Barron, but it just won't happen. Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard are both going into the last years of their contracts. The Ravens would be smart to let Ed Reed retire or test free agency and try and lock Pollard up for another 2-3 years since he is only 28 years old.

To be honest, I could easily see the Ravens going after Harrison Smith, Safety, Notre Dame. He is a strong, quick, in the box type safety that also has the ability to cover receivers...he could match up well with the new breed TE's (a la Gronkowski and Hernandez).

Please God...I pray to you that the Ravens do not take nor have the opportunity to take Mike Adams. I see bust written all over this guy. He seems way too soft for such a bohemoth. I mean someone of his size should be destorying people in college, but he just wasn't doing it...at least not on a consistent basis. If we go OL in the first round I would much rather go with Peter Konz, Kevin Zeitler, or Cordy Glenn. Hopefully Adams goes earlier to the Steelers and he can bust out for them.

In a dream scenario here are realistic players we would love to see available when we are on the clock:

David Decastro, OG, Stanford (very unlikely)

Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (not likely)

Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse (not likely)

Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama

Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia

Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor (not likely)

Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois (not likely)

Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC

Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia

Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska

Shea Mcclellin, OLB, Boise State

There is a good chance that 8-11 of those players will still be on the board when we pick and if so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens traded down with a team looking to get back into the 1st for one of the 2nd tier QB's, Coby Fleener, or if some of the DT's slide.

Either way I am just stoked we are less than 10 days away!

ALL fit the Ravens mold