ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

ATM Practice?

cravnravn

Anbody attend?

Are Billy Cundiff's days wearing the purple and black numbered? It seems that Raven Nation has already decided his fate. hearing most fans talk he could make every field goal he tries in 2012 and they would still not forgive him.

If you were at the Ravens first publicly open practice this Saturday you probably wouldn't have had to search long to garner the opinion of the gathering masses. It seems that just about all Ravens fans could agree on one thing. They want Billy Cundiff out of Baltimore. I don't think they really care who replaces him either. It certainly helps that there is a young stud kicker in camp knocking down 63 yarders in front of 20 thousand plus. Seriously though, would it matter if he wasn't?

Even if Justin Tucker wasn't in Ravens camp I think the majority of the fans would calling for Billy's head all the same. The Ravens as an organization however have shown a surprising resilience of faith in Cundiff. They didn't go straight out into free agency and blow what little money they do have on the best kicker available. They didn't even bother looking in the 2012 NFL Draft to find a replacement for their fallen star. They found someone undrafted to come in to camp and compete with Billy, which I think they probably would have done any way considering the season he had in 2011.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2012/8/5/3220866/bye-bye-billy

cundiff.jpg

I didn't go...too hot and humid.

The Westminister mornings were great before the heat of the day set in. I miss them.

We'll have to wait until 7:30 Thursday to see them.

So the crowd spoke...Tucker's bringing the heat. I'm trying to remember all the great things Cundiff has done because he was dependable until that last kick. The Ravens ran through a lot of kickers before they settled on him. The long kickoffs don't matter anymore since they moved the tee up.

If the cut Billy and go with Tucker and he disappoints, then they could go another stretch of seasons trying to find a solid kicker. I got that "Al Del Greco" image in my mind and can't shake it.

Whatever happens, I can't leave early for the bathroom like I would when Stover trotted onto the field.

I hear they cheered when it was anounced that Phelps won #22.

gettyravenstailgateDougPensinger400x267.jpg

Time is running out to get Ngata, Smith, McKinnie and McPhee practice reps for Thursday. I feel like it's running out for Kindle. He needs to make a statement Thursday.

Jacoby Jones had a nice grab and the fans cheered him. I'm warming up to him. It will be hard to game plan the passing game if he becomes dependable.

Like I said Cundiff has owned what he did and I respect that.

He didnt make a single excuse and he had the opportunity to do so.

He also dodnt crawl into a hole like del greco or norwood. I respect that.

It is what it is. Could any of us handle that type of pressure, fail, the keep our heads high?

Its not so easy and he is human like the rest of us.

If tucker is better then hes better. Bit if cundiff proves to be the better kicker we go with him.

I didn't go...too hot and humid.

The Westminister mornings were great before the heat of the day set in. I miss them.

We'll have to wait until 7:30 Thursday to see them.

So the crowd spoke...Tucker's bringing the heat. I'm trying to remember all the great things Cundiff has done because he was dependable until that last kick. The Ravens ran through a lot of kickers before they settled on him. The long kickoffs don't matter anymore since they moved the tee up.

If the cut Billy and go with Tucker and he disappoints, then they could go another stretch of seasons trying to find a solid kicker. I got that "Al Del Greco" image in my mind and can't shake it.

Whatever happens, I can't leave early for the bathroom like I would when Stover trotted onto the field.

I hear they cheered when it was anounced that Phelps won #22.

gettyravenstailgateDougPensinger400x267.jpg

Time is running out to get Ngata, Smith, McKinnie and McPhee practice reps for Thursday. I feel like it's running out for Kindle. He needs to make a statement Thursday.

Jacoby Jones had a nice grab and the fans cheered him. I'm warming up to him. It will be hard to game plan the passing game if he becomes dependable.

Ngata, McKinnie and Smith are expected to be back on Monday full go and McPhee has already been practicing full go so stop worrying for now. Kindle is having a strong camp so his stock is up at this point.

Like I said Cundiff has owned what he did and I respect that.

He didnt make a single excuse and he had the opportunity to do so.

He also dodnt crawl into a hole like del greco or norwood. I respect that.

It is what it is. Could any of us handle that type of pressure, fail, the keep our heads high?

Its not so easy and he is human like the rest of us.

If tucker is better then hes better. Bit if cundiff proves to be the better kicker we go with him.

I agree with everything you said, I'm still a little irked that a fraction of fans wanted Lee Evans back. The man is on the decline and injuries are starting to catch up to him. A friend of mine lives in Jacksonville and he told me that Evans has looked solid in camp but is still on the roster bubble fighting for the 4th WR spot.

If yhey would have brought evans back. You would have heard me long distance. Now that i reside in fl...evans isnt going to make the jags!!

Yeah my buddy told me the same thing, he hasn't wowed anyone. Evans is a good guy and a true pro but sometimes it comes to a point when a player just doesn't have it anymore. He made that great one handed catch in the playoff game against Houston but he hasn't made a habit of making catches like that throughout his career. He's relied on his speed since he isn't a great route runner and now that part is declining. The Jags have a mediocre WR core and he's on the bubble? I think he's done but I do wish him all the best.

They havent signeed blackmon yet...i have no idea what that holdup is...it has to stem from the dui

Getting a DUI before he signed his contract wasn't a smart move by Blackmon at all. I agree though that he will make their WR core better once he signs. The sad part about it is Evans hasn't fully taken advantage of the opportunity with Blackmon holding out. I heard that Laurent Robinson hasn't been overly impressive and Evans is still on the bubble, if he can't make the Jags WR core then it will be really hard for him to make any other team.