ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So, yeah, about the defense

Guest BallTMore

Well, regarding the 50 points allowed... minus 7 for a blocked punt (that's definitely not on the D) and kinda minus 7 on the big INT. Obviously, that's not how the stats really work... but if you want to get a handle on our defense... look at the red zone stops.

Minus those 14 points... or let's say 10 (give a FG on the int)... 40 points in 2 games is 20 points a game... middle of the pack? Maybe. But easy to bring it down over the course of a season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldY2pInMyR4

*One of my favorite Ravens play of all time.

Our D is still tops, it's just a matter of statistics I was looking at. In all... lets hope the O stays and improves. We don't need great WR's when we can spread the ball and get the passes to the HB. This is already looking like a good year, making mistakes early and coming out with wins. I won't do predictions, but we are likely going to take this division if we can get over the stealers.

There are always things you can look at and things that can better.

I don't see the D playing great or anything that looks that great in two games. It has looked more like we are playing their game instead of us making them play our game. But when you can stop a team like the Chargers, with or without LT that deep amd make them kick four 3s, you are still a good defense.

Guest BallTMore

Holy crap! We can embed videos? Very nice!

A lot of good points made.

I look forward to Sunday's matchup against Cleveland. If they march up and down the field against this D, I will be concerned.

Everyone is overreacting to the way our pass defense played yesterday. Phillip Rivers is one of the best QB's in the league, and he proved that yesterday. Our corners had GREAT coverage all day (sans the Sproles TD) and Rivers was able to put perfect passes in to his huge WR's. I'm still happy with our defensive personnel as I don't see another team that poses similar problems matchup-wise. I will say that I wasn't a fan of Mattisons game plan. He didn't bring the blitz as much as I would've liked since we got absolutely no pressure with a 4 man rush. Great job by the D to step up in the red zone when the Chargers couldn't take advantage of Rivers' arm and their big WR's.

From Rivers press conference, I think I heard the word Blitz used like twenty times.. and he looked tired everytime he mentioned it. Anyway what I liked.. Kochs punt inside their ten.. and what I dislike that Rivers seemed to have no trouble getting out of that bad fieldposition.

And agreed in RZ Ravens domininated.. the loss of Jamal W and Hardwick hurt them afterall.

We blitzed a bunch Sunday, they did a good job picking it up, even with 2 O-Linemen out, plenty of times I seen Ray Lewis just stuffed in the interior line, I wouldnt be suprised that every play the Bolts had over 20 yards, that the Ravens were in some sort of blitz package and we didnt get to Rivers.