ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steelers @ Bengals

BengalBilly

I'm going out on a limb here and will state that Cincinnati will knock off Pittsburgh this Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium.

Final score:

Steelers - 17

Bengals - 31

bengal.gif

Guest BallTMore

Too many people are jumping on the upset wagon, which leads me to believe it won't happen. When is the last time the Bengals actually played the Steelers tough? Serious question. I can't remember.

Good luck, though. I sure hope the Bengals can pull it off.

Too many people are jumping on the upset wagon, which leads me to believe it won't happen. When is the last time the Bengals actually played the Steelers tough? Serious question. I can't remember.

Good luck, though. I sure hope the Bengals can pull it off.

Thanks dude, but I think Cincy will punish Pittsburgh. BTW, the last time we whipped them was at Hienz Field. I now want to see them do it at Paul Brown Stadium.

Guest BallTMore

Ba-ba-ba-boosh! That was f-ing huge! Big win for Cincinnati. Big.

I honestly thought they had zero chance. Way to show up and keep fighting.

Of course this means the Ravens-Bengals matchup will be a lot bigger than I thought it would at this point in the season.

I'm going out on a limb here and will state that Cincinnati will knock off Pittsburgh this Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium.

Final score:

Steelers - 17

Bengals - 31

bengal.gif

Well boy's, the score was off, but not the results. BENGALS WIN!!!!

I said this somewhere before...

The Steelers have a cupcake schedule. If the Ravens are to win the AFC North then it's games like this that will help. The unlikely event of a Bengals sweep and Ravens sweep could knock the Steelers out of the playoffs.

There's a lot of football left to be played...anything can happen...even the Browns finishing 13-3... :D

The Steelers have a cupcake schedule. If the Ravens are to win the AFC North then it's games like this that will help. The unlikely event of a Bengals sweep and Ravens sweep could knock the Steelers out of the playoffs.

There's a lot of football left to be played...anything can happen...even the Browns finishing 13-3... :D

Oh! Now you're hitting the pipe.

As good of a win this was for the Bengals, the Steelers lost this game themselves. The Sweed drop, the missed FG, many other instances as well. To me, this game showed two things about the Steelers: not being able to run the ball is going to hurt them a lot this season, and their defense is completely different without Troy Polamalu. With that said, this team is still going to be very good when Troy comes back, assuming he is actually healthy when he does. I am still not completely sold yet on the Bengals, until that last drive Carson and that offensive line looked very shaky.

You are right, their schedule is pretty easy:

4 Sun, Oct 4 San Diego 8:20 PM

5 Sun, Oct 11 @ Detroit 1:00 PM

6 Sun, Oct 18 Cleveland 1:00 PM

7 Sun, Oct 25 Minnesota 1:00 PM

8 BYE WEEK

9 Mon, Nov 9 @ Denver 8:30 PM

10 Sun, Nov 15 Cincinnati 1:00 PM

11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Kansas City 1:00 PM

12 Sun, Nov 29 @ Baltimore 8:20 PM

13 Sun, Dec 6 Oakland 1:00 PM

14 Thu, Dec 10 @ Cleveland 8:20 PM

15 Sun, Dec 20 Green Bay 1:00 PM

16 Sun, Dec 27 Baltimore 1:00 PM

17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Miami 1:00 PM

Outside of divisional games, the only tough teams they have are San Diego, Minnesota, and maybe Green Bay. Pittsburgh will very well be in the mix of things when it is all said and done. The best we can hope is that San Diego wins next week dropping the Steelers to 1-3. That could be a difficult mental hole to dig out of. Other than that, we just have to take care of business ourselves.

Honestly, our schedule is very winnable as well. The only difference between our schedule and Pittsburgh's is that we play Indy and New England instead of Tennessee and Miami (at the beginning of the season this might have been seen as a wash). Considering we started 3-0 and Pittsburgh started 1-2, if we can win one of the Indy or New England games (I like our odds better against the Pats) and split with Pittsburgh, we should be in good shape. I am not sold on the Bengals yet, but I am not overlooking them either. I believe our running attack would be too much for them. The reason they were able to stay in the Pittsburgh game is Pittsburgh's inability to run the ball outside of a couple of big runs early on.