ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If only Billy had been there with his Gun

OutsideRzAcE

Sure many. But is it most? Is it a few?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9590505/NYPD-accused-of-fatal-road-rage-shooting.html

There are many more instances of this stuff. He wasn't shot but the UM student who was beaten and arrested for skipping. The problem is the cop didn't realize he was being filmed and he lied on the report. The woman who was punched in philthy because someone else threw water at the cop. How about the marine who was murdered in his home because of an unfounded informant saying his brother was dealing weed so swat busted the door in and they unloaded on him. Hell the marine here in bmore who was unloaded on by a bad cop that they kept around. The list is endless. The whole system needs to be fixed.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mcchrystal-says-serious-action-needed-gun-control-174328785.html

McChrystal doesn't think police need that kind of hardware either.

I didn't mean respond to the opinion on police shootings, I meant respond to the other ideas on gun control.

I don't think arming citizens will affect police shootings at all. Shoot a cop, even justifiably, and you'll be dead too. Sad state, but true. If we can limit the need for police force in the first place, though...

I didn't mean respond to the opinion on police shootings, I meant respond to the other ideas on gun control.

I don't think arming citizens will affect police shootings at all. Shoot a cop, even justifiably, and you'll be dead too. Sad state, but true. If we can limit the need for police force in the first place, though...

Don't tell that to Matthew David Stewart in Utah.

You don't think it's pretty lucky that he didn't get killed in the encounter? I am amazed - not knowing all the details - that the police didn't respond with a hail of bullets so strong that he was killed. I'm not saying rightly or wrongly, just objectively - it's certainly what I would have expected.

Meanwhile - I wouldn't exactly say that police/government were in the wrong here. They had a search warrant and apparently attempted to contact him frequently before serving it... is this the police state we're arming ourselves against?

I'm not arguing that police need them. I'm only arguing that we probably don't. The kid could have shot the intruder with any other gun.

And you still haven't addressed any other points in the post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...