ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If only Billy had been there with his Gun

OutsideRzAcE

he could have stopped this guy too.

A sniper who ambushed volunteer firefighters in upstate New York on Monday, killing two and seriously wounding two others, left a note saying he hoped to burn down his neighborhood and kill as many people as possible, police said Tuesday.

A charred body, believed to be his sister's, was found in the burned house she shared with him Tuesday, police said.

William Spengler, 62, used a Bushmaster semiautomatic rifle, the same kind of weapon used in the assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School, Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said.

"He was equipped to go to war," Chief Pickering said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-firefighter-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

BTW pinhead, gun/ammo sales in the U.S. are going through the roof. I work next door to the Ruger gun factory here in Prescott Arizona. They have doubled their employees here. Putting Americans to work. They even had to build a new parking lot!

Get it through your head. Take your stand against guns, the amount of bullets a clip can hold, or whatever else your feeble mind can come up with. It's not gonna work, and I didn't serve 4 years in the Marines just to hand my weapons over.

It's just not gonna happen. Now multiply me by millions of other gun owners who feel the the same way. I bet you'd be the last dude going door to door asking for them.

I think that would make more sense if it stated "Logic dictates Captain, that if pro-gunners were as violent as pro-gunners say they are" etc. I mainly hear how violent gun owners are by other gun owners who immediately start making threats and spouting off how tough they are as soon as someone even mentions the words gun and control in the same sentence.

Its certainly not going to make any less sense than it does now. I will be honest and say that as flawed as it is it makes more sense than most of your posts.

BTW pinhead, gun/ammo sales in the U.S. are going through the roof. I work next door to the Ruger gun factory here in Prescott Arizona. They have doubled their employees here. Putting Americans to work. They even had to build a new parking lot!

Get it through your head. Take your stand against guns, the amount of bullets a clip can hold, or whatever else your feeble mind can come up with. It's not gonna work, and I didn't serve 4 years in the Marines just to hand my weapons over.

It's just not gonna happen. Now multiply me by millions of other gun owners who feel the the same way. I bet you'd be the last dude going door to door asking for them.

There will be guns in this country for a long time, I have made it pretty clear that I understand that fact and that i'm not looking for public use of guns to be outlawed anytime soon. You will never see the day that guns are outlawed in this country...I may. Who knows, we can both agree it's not happening anytime soon. My position has been, and I've made that pretty clear as well, that we need better gun control laws. We need make it more difficult for people to get their hands on guns, especially in the private sales area and we need better enforcement of existing laws. We need to limits on the amount of bullets a clip, we need automatic weapons to be off limits to the general public. There will be tougher gun control laws and it will happen before then end of Obama's current term. Your buddies know it, which is why gun sales are so high now.

I read something in the City Paper that made a lot of sense. Gun insurance. They through financial encouragement have people be responsible. Also when someones weapon is used in illegal situations the victims get paid fast.

Chris Rock has the best idea I've heard

• Upvote 1

•  

Because the general public doesn't need access to 100 bullet a clip magazines or assault weapons. There is no reasonable reason that anyone other than law enforcement and the miltary need access to such firepower.

No reason for law enforcement to have them, if they aint good enough theres 7.8% unemployed that could take you down with 1 shot.

Why does law enforcent need 100 round clips unless they believe they are in awar zone and allof us are the enemy.

Because it's law enforcement's job to protect the general population. That is actually a good reason to have an assault weapon, not because I need a 300 bullet a minute weapon to defend myself or hunt. There will still be threats that require more than a standard issue pistol. Not to mention if you do ban assault weapons and advanced firepower, it's not like all the weapons the general public is in possession of will vaporize overnight.

You can't seriously tell me that it doesn't concern you that guns and magazines are advertisted side by side with novelty t-shirts and video games on message boards

AR-15 30 Round Steel mags with Coupon code $18.70

Don't pay inflated mag prices!! Use coupon code ARFCOM for a discount on every order.

http://www.themakogroup.com/Produ...EARM30%20W

E-LANDER MAGS are high-performance durable steel magazines.

30 round steel magazines for AR-15/M16/M4 magazines.

Made in Israel for the Tavor, M16, and common sidearms, they were tested by special military forces

and anti-terror units. These magazines have proven to withstand severe combat conditions and requirements.

Backed by over six decades of experience the company has specialized in the manufacturing of precision-stamped metal parts and tools with an uncompromising commitment to quality and reliability. A wide range of the company’s products are exported to worldwide customers.

• High performance steel body - strong heavy-gauge steel

• Tested by special military forces and anti-terror units

• Fine resistance body coating, enduring up to 96 hours salt-spray test.

This exceeds the military salt-spray test requirements

Because it's law enforcement's job to protect the general population. That is actually a good reason to have an assault weapon, not because I need a 300 bullet a minute weapon to defend myself or hunt. There will still be threats that require more than a standard issue pistol. Not to mention if you do ban assault weapons and advanced firepower, it's not like all the weapons the general public is in possession of will vaporize overnight.

So how were they protecting these people?

Because they did that they needed these.

111221-poliuce-assault-rifles.jpg

I had to laugh at this line someone threw my way today... It's of course not really accurate, as most aphorisms are overly simplified... but it's still worth a chuckle at first.

"Republicans reject gun control because we need to protect ourselves from our government. Which is also why they refuse to cut spending on the government's military...?"

That is comical dc, I get so sick & tired of folks making the gun issues repub vs democrat..Thats the easy way out..Take the assualt rifles and hollow points, 100 rd clips off the streets, and anyone caught with them should get life in prison with no chance of parole, They serve no purpose in society, except for 1 thing. death

Ok, I'm not sure what your point is papa? That there are times when officers cross the line? Of course that happens. How many of them are mass murdering people in schools, theaters and malls?

How many mass shooting are there really? Actually you are about 14 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.

Well... according to Gabby Giffords' new political group (stemming from ideas similar to the Brady campaign), there have been 11 mass shootings since her shooting two years ago. That strikes me as a lot - but certainly not as many as police shootings or others. Though, while perhaps more police shootings (in number), have there actually been more police shootings that led to death? And, of course, how many police shootings were interrupting crimes?

The bigger point of course is the number of shootings and deaths, period. There is an enormous cultural element to it, to be sure. But as I said in my other post in the other thread (which I won't repeat full bore), hypothesizing that most guns owned illegally were once owned legally (aka, that gangs and criminals aren't shipping them in from around the world): fewer legally owned guns will result in fewer illegally owned and used guns.

I think of the numbers much like I think of our defense spending numbers... we spend more than the follow-up nations combined many times over. More guns per person than any nation on earth. Much like we have 11 aircraft carriers... to about 5 owned by the entire world, combined. Isn't there something comical about trying argue we aren't armed enough? Or aren't protected enough? Are we really under siege in any meaningful way that requires this? It's hard to argue yes based on numbers alone.

Some, to be sure. But if we at least acknowledge that many police shootings begin with criminal activity, it changes the perspective a bit. Of course many involve police error if not absolute injustice/crime on the part of police. Care to address any of the rest?