ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bengals' Zimmer will coach Sunday

vmax

wow...

BALTIMORE -- Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer made the trip with the team Saturday morning and will coach Sunday's game against the Ravens, team spokesman Jack Brennan confirmed.

Zimmer, keeping his family close during the trip, traveled with his father, Bill, son Adam and daughter Corri. His mother and another son remained in Cincinnati.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4548509

I'll say it...I think some fans are thinking it...

With all respect to Zimmer and his family, I hope this doesn't turn into one of those "Inspired Games" like Farve had when his father passed away. I don't want to see a Bengals D looking like the 2000 Ravens D on Sunday.

Guest BallTMore

Wow indeed.

I'm glad this game is at home.

Cincinnati was playing with confidence before, you know they'll add a little extra for their coach.

I'm still not sold that the Bengals are on the Ravens level. Much improved for sure, but I think we will outplay them in all areas, even with this new development.

Any word on the cause yet?

I haven't heard. Maybe a stroke? Doesn't matter...she's gone, and her husband Mike is dealing with it as best he can. I have to tip my hat to him, for if it were me, I'd be a mess.