ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Key players tomorrow?

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

If we win tomorrow it's because these guys stepped up. IMO

Since Gaither is most likely a no-go, Oher is going to have to handle Allen mostly by himself, which obviously is a very tough task.

The Vikings have had trouble covering TEs. If Oher can't handle Jared Allen, than Heap is most likely going to have to stay in and help block, which takes away a favorable match-up. It might not be so bad if L.J. Smith decided to step up, but I won't hold my breath.

Obviously Fox and Fabian need to improve in pass coverage, but they will also need to step up in run defense. NFC playbook showed how Benson ran for 100+ against us last week, and it was mostly due to our CBs sitting back and waiting to get blocked. If they sit back against Peterson and wait for him to come to them then you may as well change the channel.

Yea...Gaither will probably sit but Oher shut down Odom last week. He can handle Allen.

Holding Heap in might happen...how about LJ Smith doing something?

I think Flacco, McGahee/Rice and Kelly Washington will have big games.

On D?" Don't know...Suggs maybe...I see him breaking out and making some big plays.

Fabian played well, but Foxworth, Carr, Walker, and Landry were eaten alive today. Can we please get Ladarius Webb in the game?

It's time for Webb...raw as he is. He can't be more of a liability than those guys.

I am sorry, I got Foxworth and Fabian confused. It was Foxworth who played decent yesterday, Fabian was the one who was picked apart; as did Carr and Walker. Hopefully Rolle will be back after the bye and Webb will be ready to go. For as fast and agile as Fabian and Foxworth are, they have no ball skills and are vulnerable to those deep jump balls. Webb and Rolle at least have good ball skills, time to give Webb a chance.

Question about Rolle, while his name pops up...

A few weeks ago, Rolle made it sound like there was a possibility - and a good possibility - that he may never play football again. The doctors were evaluating and evaluating and there was just no way to know what could happen on the field and he was quoted as saying something like "I'm not stepping on that field a doctor tells me it's the right thing to do, because I'm not jeopardizing my life for the game."

Now, without being insensitive to Rolle... how did he ever pass physical and get on this team with a pre-existing injury that could possibly end his career if he stepped on the field? I know Reed has something similar... but Reed is healthy enough to play every week. Rolle has still be in a soft neck brace a few times at practice. Did we just re-sign him to help him collect a check?

I mean, I badly want him on the field if he's ready... but I get the weird feeling that he's never going to be ready. Is there an update on this?

But even if our secondary wasn't shitty... what are we doing signing a guy who has no business or interest in playing? I mean, I interpreted the quotes form Rolle as saying the he never expects to see the field this season or ever again.

I mean, I badly want him on the field if he's ready... but I get the weird feeling that he's never going to be ready. Is there an update on this?

Update today from Hensley's Twitter. Here is the quote from Harbaugh, it is not looking good for Samari...

"Based on what the medical people are saying, I'm not very optimistic at all that he'll be able to play this year."