Photo

Baltimore Ravens pull Michael Pierce off field before minicamp: ‘He’s not ready to practice’

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:06 PM

https://www.pennlive...o-practice.html

OWINGS MILLS, Md. — Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Michael Pierce, entering the final year of his contract, didn’t show up to any voluntary organized team activities over the past few weeks. And when he arrived at mandatory minicamp Tuesday, coach John Harbaugh deemed he wasn’t physically fit enough to practice.

Way to go jackass.  Be unprepared in a contract yr.

37460d1337276897-ravens-promote-eric-dec

I am better at this than my predecessor.

#2 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

Just heard this morning that they think he needs to lose about 40 lbs to get to the correct weight.  So a crash diet to get there might make strength an issue.

#3 vmax

vmax

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,178 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

He's got until opening day in September to lose that. About 2 pounds a week. He should be good.
Nevertheless what a dumby!:D contract year! His one big chance to cash in and shows up in bad shape.

“[Lamar] was amazing last year, and then they add in Mark Ingram,” Burleson said. “We forget how strong and angry of a runner he is. … [The Ravens] are just getting started. I think people assume that Lamar Jackson isn’t going to pass the ball this year, and I will tell you right now you are wrong. He’s going to light up the skies and torch the ground like he did last year.”

“Put on 20 pounds of muscle over the offseason,” Hurst said. “I’m kind of on a mission this year. I’ve got a lot to prove.”

#4 papasmurfbell

papasmurfbell

Hall of Famer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:07 AM

I get the timing.  Vinny said just what you did.  It is still a lot of weight in not a lot of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users