ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Could the Ravens swindle the Saints

papasmurfbell

Its beyond ridiculous. Its like the Pats wanting to trade Welker before last season started. Just nonsense.

Building for the future is all good if you dont expect to make a deep playoff run.

There is nothing that would indicate this team isnt ready for that run.

Did I call the obscure one line response or what.

Max do you want the xtra heavy lead vareity??? Lol.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papa has been trying to get the Ravens to build for the future for the last 4 seasons. I think he has predicted no better than 9-7 in all 4 seasons yet we have made the playoffs and gone to the AFC Championship game twice. Every year that has passed was also supposed to have been our best shot at a ring.

Its beyond ridiculous. Its like the Pats wanting to trade Welker before last season started. Just nonsense.

Building for the future is all good if you dont expect to make a deep playoff run.

There is nothing that would indicate this team isnt ready for that run.

Did I call the obscure one line response or what.

Max do you want the xtra heavy lead vareity??? Lol.

No it would be like the Pats trading Richard Seymour for a 1st round pick. Oh that was already done.

Your initial argument was to trade our 2nd best corner. It does not make sense since 3 cbs are necessary to have a successful defense in today's NFL. CBs are also extremely hard to find. DE's are much easier to replace. NE made a good decision but it's not the same decision as the one you proposed.

I hate having to explain this stuff to you. Once again, nice try but that's not the same decision. DE's are far more interchangeable than CB's. Fact. CB's are very hard to find and develop. If we've got em, we'll keep em and use em up. Once of the most moronic trades ever was Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey. Honestly....how'd that work out for the skins cuz it's been awesome for the Broncos.

If you have solid CBs, you keep em, especially if you're in the mist of a playoff run. Of which.....we are whether you chose to admit or not Papa.

You may proceed with your one line irrelevant response.

Word out of camp is that Smith is not progressing as quickly as thought. Why don't the Ravens see if Smith is going to pan out before they decide to trade a quality STARTING CB. I say the Ravens maintain their depth. That way they can win the Super Bowl and you can come up with excuses about why the Super Bowl win was not legit.

I do not think Cary Williams leaving in FA is as imminent as everyone thinks. Ozzie loves the guy, I think he is a strong re-sign candidate.

If someone offered us a second round pick, I would have to strongly consider it. Remember, Cary had only a second round tender. We could have placed a first on him but we did not. It was almost if we were baiting someone to sign him to a big offer sheet. No bites, no way anyone gives up a first for him.

Word out of camp is that Smith is not progressing as quickly as thought. Why don't the Ravens see if Smith is going to pan out before they decide to trade a quality STARTING CB. I say the Ravens maintain their depth. That way they can win the Super Bowl and you can come up with excuses about why the Super Bowl win was not legit.

But Jimmy is being paid real money. Williams is getting OK money now. After this season He will be getting real money. So the Ravens can afford to pay Webb, Williams, and Smith all real moeny. It is called a salary cap and it makes it so people leave. JJ left but he was a very good LB. Everyone here was saying Grubbs was going to stay but last I knew he is in NO. It really just adding and subtraction.

So because we're paying someone that isn't as good more money than someone that is good, we should trade the better player?????

What??????

We should pay the one that is better. And Jimmy's structured deal isn't that much of a hit. We can let his contract ride or trade him if he's not going to be as good as Williams. Honestly.

You want to build for the future but retain a lesser player????

You will say anything to convince yourself you have a point. Anything.

Papa has been trying to get the Ravens to build for the future for the last 4 seasons. I think he has predicted no better than 9-7 in all 4 seasons yet we have made the playoffs and gone to the AFC Championship game twice. Every year that has passed was also supposed to have been our best shot at a ring.

What will it take for him to wake up to reality? I think the guy is very far gone.

Yager I know you are trying to defend reasons for not trading Williams but you are very wrong about Smith's progress in training camp. Aaron Wilson personally tweeted me that Smith was having a great training camp before he hurt his back.

I wouldn't say I'm very wrong. I don't recall which two people reported it, but both said that Smith was having some trouble picking up schemes and wasn't quite at the point the Ravens expected. I don't think this means that he'll be terrible or is having a terrible camp. I think the meaning is just that, at this point, Williams and Webb are the two better CBs. I expect Smith to be the best CB on this team in a year or two. I'm just saying, right now, based on what Papa wants to do right now, it would mean trading our 2nd best CB. By the end of the season, this statement may no longer be true as Smith will inevitably improve as the season progresses.

I wouldn't say I'm very wrong. I don't recall which two people reported it, but both said that Smith was having some trouble picking up schemes and wasn't quite at the point the Ravens expected. I don't think this means that he'll be terrible or is having a terrible camp. I think the meaning is just that, at this point, Williams and Webb are the two better CBs. I expect Smith to be the best CB on this team in a year or two. I'm just saying, right now, based on what Papa wants to do right now, it would mean trading our 2nd best CB. By the end of the season, this statement may no longer be true as Smith will inevitably improve as the season progresses.

I'm telling you Aaron Wilson said Smith was doing well and Aaron is a pretty honest guy. It really doesn't matter who wins the battle between Smith and Williams because both will get significant playing time. Papa needs to shut up and stop the nonsense, the Ravens aren't going to trade Cary Williams before the season starts, no point in debating him over it. Papa should just wave the white flag and give up, oh wait he has foolishly done that already as it relates to the Ravens Superbowl chances.

So because we're paying someone that isn't as good more money than someone that is good, we should trade the better player?????

What??????

We should pay the one that is better. And Jimmy's structured deal isn't that much of a hit. We can let his contract ride or trade him if he's not going to be as good as Williams. Honestly.

You want to build for the future but retain a lesser player????

You will say anything to convince yourself you have a point. Anything.

So if after the season Williams is playing better than Smith and a business decision is in order you are for cutting/trading Smith? Just looking for you to confirm this is what you are saying.

If at the end of the season, we have another CB, because we're gonna need 3 to defend our Super Bowl victory, then yes I would consider trading him. Only if we already had one addtl viable option after Willaims and Webb. If that did not exist I would keep Smith for our Second Super Bowl victory.

What are you getting at? I would never bet anyone that a team would win the Super Bowl. I don't care what the team is, the odds are ridiculous that anyone could actually predict that. I've pointed that out to you before. That's why no puts any stock in your famed "predictions" that the Ravens won't win the Super Bowl.

Well duh........chances are they won't. Chances are the Patriots and Pack won't either. Only 1 team gets to win it all. There's very little skill in saying a team won't win the Super Bowl. There's also no reason to put stock in anybody that says they will. I say they will for fun. Cuz I love the Ravens. Cuz I want them to succeed. Cuz I enjoy pumping people up on this board. People like Crav, Max, Force, Clettz, Dee, and the many others that I just don't have time to type right now.

You are very trivial.