ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Joe Flacco and Nolan Ryan

vmax

Read it and believe it...from Matt Vensel (who keeps developing and getting better as a writer)

Cameron said that after the Ravens drafted Flacco in the first round in 2008, they hardly had to tweak his throwing motion.

“Joe was very well schooled on how to throw the football. He came in with great mechanics. He came in with natural arm strength and endurance,” Cameron said. “But I would say to give the credit to Joe himself. Joe knows what he is doing when it comes to his arm. I’ve never seen him ice his arm. I never saw it sore. I’ve seen him tired maybe once.”

In March 2010, the Ravens took Flacco to Southern California to meet with Tom House. The former MLB pitcher is now a pitching guru who also works with NFL quarterbacks, most notably New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Cameron said that Flacco was the second to meet with House. The first was Drew Brees, whom Cameron has also coached.

“But Joe doesn’t really need to go to anyone,” said Cameron, who is in his first season as offensive coordinator at LSU. “He’s got it figured out, what he’s doing and how he does it.”

During the weeklong visit, House did an analysis of Flacco’s throwing motion and at the time told Cameron that the results ranked second to only Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan.

“So not a lot needed to be done with Joe,” Cameron said. “All he needed to do is work on more knee flexion. That’s the only thing he needed. I thought Jim Caldwell really did a great job to get Joe more knee flexion. I thought that really paid off for him.”

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-sports-blitz-joe-flacco-cam-cameron-ravens-20130701,0,2953843.story#ixzz2XpYeZiJA

I think Joe's going to pick up where he left off last year.

If so...tighten your seat belts.

Ravens_Camp_Football_131017_team.jpg

Edited by vmax