ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray voted in the top 20 of dirtiest players

kevtek

Since Jared Allen is #10 with 3.2% Ray also at 3.2% must be right at #10 as well. The far and away winner? Smiley Face Hines Ward. more than 5% ahead of #2 Haynesworth. Like I've said for years, Ward is dirty, and just because he smiles doesn't make him any less of a dick player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/11/04/dirty/index.html

I actually have a theory that many times Ward's "grin" is just the way he breathes when he's out of breath... you know, when you're sucking wind really hard and get the painful smile?

I mean, sometimes Ward is clearly laughing at somebody. And I think he's pretty dirty - he knows how to play just past the whistle and be just enough of a jerk. But I think he also looks like he's taunting/smiling a lot... but its out of breath. Just a thought.

I actually have a theory that many times Ward's "grin" is just the way he breathes when he's out of breath... you know, when you're sucking wind really hard and get the painful smile?

I mean, sometimes Ward is clearly laughing at somebody. And I think he's pretty dirty - he knows how to play just past the whistle and be just enough of a jerk. But I think he also looks like he's taunting/smiling a lot... but its out of breath. Just a thought.

Nice try dc...:)

Try photoshopping this...put Wards smiling face on it because he's out of breath...

sc09.jpg

I take it that he just enjoys blindsiding people and it beams outward through a smile.

I didn't mean when he blindsides people... I mean all the time... when he walks away from other players after a block, a tackle anything...

The reason I've thought it is that he even has that same goofy grin on his face sometimes when he drops a pass or fumbles the ball... (ok, except when he's crying haha).

But really... watch closely next time you see the Steelers play... it's not always a grin.

Exhibit A:

You really think he's grinning mid-catch? "Haha, I'm so fly..."

hines%20ward.jpg

Exhibit B:

Apparently grinning mid-spin/stiff-arm. "Yup, I can take my concentration away from not getting tackled to stare into the distance and smile."

hines-ward-steelers-zumasportsworld271573-20090201-ave-s70.jpg

Guest BallTMore

Could be possible that he has a smiling grimace. A guy I work with does that. Looks like he's ready to take a picture when he's winded.

Though, when I played football with my friends I would laugh while catching, juking, or running. It wasn't really something I could control, it just happened. Tackled myself a few times too from laughing so hard.

May be the case with Hines.

Oh yea..I knew Hines would be atop this list again. Like colincac, I go at it with folks (in my case it's my in-laws) all the time about Ward. My brother in law actually works the sidelines for the Steelers' home games and he says Hines is a nice guy. I don't doubt that, but that doesn't mean he isn't a dirty player.

The surprise for me on this list is Polamalu. The guy is a saint.

Guest BallTMore
The surprise for me on this list is Polamalu. The guy is a saint.

I think it's because he torpedoes at offensive player's knees when he's making a tackle. Some players see that as being dirty. I don't think he's intentionally trying to do damage, but with his speed, it's definitely a good way to end a career.