ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If Davis hits 62

vmax

Just think of the insane excitement if Davis is on track for 61 in September!

Is this the man who can save baseball?

Davis received 8,272,243 votes in the fan balloting, more than reigning Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera and everyone else in the Midsummer Classic. Clearly, fans across the world have fallen in love with his power: 37 home runs in the first half, which tied an AL record. He’s on pace for 62.

Yes, 62.

How do you feel about that? Are you ready to wipe the names of Sosa, McGwire and Bonds from your consciousness and embrace the 27-year-old Davis as an authentic threat to The Real Home Run Record?

“The chase in ’98, at the time, was one of the most exciting things in all of sports,” Davis said. “It was disheartening to find out down the road what came out about all that. In my opinion, 61 is the record. I think most fans agree with me.”

And here’s where it gets interesting. Maris’ 61 in ’61 remains the single-season home run record among players not linked to chemical enhancement. Bonds, McGwire and Sosa account for the top six single-season marks of all-time.

Are we willing to give ourselves over to an older, wiser home-run chase?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/chris-davis-baltimore-orioles-slugger-37-home-runs-all-star-game-america-believes-in-long-ball-071513

The baseball world is really on this.

At the least...thank you Chris for getting fans to the point where we can talk about this.

Yeah but I do not believe that the drug testing policy for MLB has changed in the last 4 yrs. It was I guess 2007 that they implemented what they currently have.

Blood testing is a HUGE change and that just started this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21534544/mlb-to-announce-random-unannounced-in-season-testing-for-hgh

Also, the standards vary dramatically not just based on WHAT tests are done, but the policies that then guide how tests are handled, etc. Many pro leagues now test in much the same way as international organizations, but they are weaker in terms of appeals and how tests are handled.