ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

This is piss poor

vmax

Ravens offense was 1 for 10 on 3rd down.

They ran 20 less plays than the Bengal offense.

7 penalties for 80 yards.

2 turnovers.

The offense was murdered in Time of Possesion with a sickly 20 minutes to the Bengals 40.

40 minutes!

and Joe...I'll give you a mulligan but a 48.3 passer rating says you were a big part of this.

To those who say we are fine at receiver, Clayton attempt at that intercepted deep ball was absolutely pathetic. Mason dropped at least three passes and stopped running on a potential touchdown in the corner. Our receivers today got hit in the mouth by the Bengals corners and did not do anything back. For as much as we praise Mason, look at this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=4623504

Drop leaders

Player, team Times targeted Rec Yards Average TDs Drops

Terrell Owens, Bills 50 23 281 12.2 1 9

Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs 43 23 301 13.1 4 7

Mario Manningham, Giants 52 28 439 15.7 4 6

Santonio Holmes, Steelers 55 30 497 16.6 1 6

Derrick Mason, Ravens 52 30 421 14.0 4 5

Mason is fifth in the league in drops. So YES, WE NEED A RECEIVER(S) AND IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

I am not letting Joe off the hook today either, he threw several bad passes, but he has played so well the rest of the year he get a mulligan, like you said.

To those who say we are fine at receiver, Clayton attempt at that intercepted deep ball was absolutely pathetic. Mason dropped at least three passes and stopped running on a potential touchdown in the corner. Our receivers today got hit in the mouth by the Bengals corners and did not do anything back.

We definitely need help at receiver. It seems that since the first Cinci game our offensive philosophy has been to dump the ball to Rice and hope he makes a play. Everyone needs to do better. Cam, Joe, Mase and Mark...well, everyone except Ray Rice.

I believe a huge part of it is a symptom of only playing two receivers... STILL. Heap makes three, when we actually let him run routes.

But two receivers... and then Heap and McClain in to block... and Rice as an option for a handoff or check down... but that's 5 potential targets, and only two actively used to move the defense. Stupid.

Kelly Washington has been an underused bright spot. LJ Smith probably deserves more snaps as well.

Are we not learning from our opponents that forcing the defense to make the play pays off more times than not?

I cannot for the life of me believe that Cam made no adjustments, Mattison did, the Bengals score on their first 3 drives, then we shut them down.

Then the icing of the cake, we are down 10 with 4-5 to play, and we are running the ball?? we are running play action pass? who we trying to fool?

That was a piss poor offensive game plan, the fucking Bengal D is not that good, we played right to them.

If we dont draft CB's and a WR thru FA next year, we will be wasting a Joe Flacco..

I believe a huge part of it is a symptom of only playing two receivers... STILL. Heap makes three, when we actually let him run routes.

But two receivers... and then Heap and McClain in to block... and Rice as an option for a handoff or check down... but that's 5 potential targets, and only two actively used to move the defense. Stupid.

Kelly Washington has been an underused bright spot. LJ Smith probably deserves more snaps as well.

Are we not learning from our opponents that forcing the defense to make the play pays off more times than not?

I agree to an extent. But it does not help when your receivers are dropping first down passes regardless of the formation. I did see a lot of 3 and 4 receiver sets yesterday. Unfortunately the ball was either dropped, broken up, bad pass, or the routes took too long to develop. I honestly think the bottom line is that we have inferior talent at receiver. Clayton and Mason could not get off the jam, plain and simple. We need a big, physical presence at receiver. But yes, Joe had a bad game accuracy wise yesterday that did not help.