ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Michael Moore expropriation quotes - faaaaaaq

Spen

Crav, here's what your boy MM wants.

Leftwing filmmaker Michael Moore suggested that the financial difficulties of the Big Three US automakers be ended by government expropriation of the firms.

“Investors in these companies have already lost 90 percent of the money they put in,” Moore asserted. “Government expropriation would be a ‘mercy killing.’”

In addition to relieving investors of their last 10 percent of value, Moore contended that government ownership and operation would “help unify the nation’s highway transportation system, since government already owns the roads. We could put an end to traffic congestion like they have in Cuba.”

Moore also argued that “government could ensure that drivers get the cars that they need rather than the cars the advertisers tell them they should want.”

Fake story and quotes. All links I can find point to

http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm

and the story is under the title "JOHN SEMMENS: Semi-News -- A Satirical Look at Recent News".

Hey Kenny!!!

Michael Moore is a disgusting liberal, and I have absolutely no intellectual respect for anyone who takes to truth anything he spews without an attempt at educating themselves with the full issue; that is, Moore is not a political expert in any way whatsoever--he's a producer, and his views should not be taken for unquestioned fact in any circumstance.

Why is he a disgusting leberal..He doesn't have to be a political expert. Apparently the man has creditable sources, within the media chain. And I'll say it again, not ons source has discredited his docs. Everybody does the same as the do on the net.."Moore's a fat slob" he's making shit up bla bla bla..If the man is so wrong in his docs, how come hes never been sued by the Bush family for slander, he ripped them in f-911..

I happen to agree with his doc. on 911..Prove the man wrong.

Why is he a disgusting leberal..He doesn't have to be a political expert. Apparently the man has creditable sources, within the media chain. And I'll say it again, not ons source has discredited his docs. Everybody does the same as the do on the net.."Moore's a fat slob" he's making shit up bla bla bla..If the man is so wrong in his docs, how come hes never been sued by the Bush family for slander, he ripped them in f-911..

I happen to agree with his doc. on 911..Prove the man wrong.

He does have to be a political expert for me to consider his opinions and what he says. "Credible sources" mean nothing. You know how a sports journalist cites "team sources" when reporting news? That could be anyone whatsoever, or no one at all.

What you're missing is what Moore does in his movies. He's not necessarily telling us lies. He's deceiving us, committing what's called sin by omission; that is, he's telling us something without the whole story. If I tell you, for example, that little Timmy kicked a man in the balls, you'd be prone to think that the kid is a troublemaker. However, if you know the whole story, you'd know that the man, who tried to kidnap Timmy, is the real problem; Timmy was only defending himself.

You can't understand what's going on without knowing ALL that's going on. That's nearly impossible sometimes, which is what makes Michael Moore's job so easy.

I linked you to this on the last occasion we discussed Moore: http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-d...renheit-911.htm. It's only one point-of-view and is fairly conservatively toned, but it's at least equally legitimate to anything Moore might say.

Look at the time line in f-911..its absolutely spot on..We flew Bin Ladens family out of the country for their safety..Fuck that I would have blown that son of a bitch out of the sky..Bush did nothing for hours after the attacks.

... While true, it's major misunderstanding of what happened. Many members of the Bin Laden political family - estranged and alienated from Osama and his terrorist organization - were allowed out of the country.

Meanwhile, the fact you have not read any of the criticism of F911 does not mean it does not exist. It has been plenty disputed. Plenty hated. Plenty taken apart. But again, you choose not to read it.

Just like you choose not to listen to anyone here on any political issue. Too scared to be critical of your own views.

Well, I'm glad you turned on Obama a bit. I was going to ask a follow-up after the election, but forgot. haha

As for MM... google it yourself and you'll find plenty. I really don't waste my time on him. I've watched his movies, grudgingly, and not enjoyed them. There are as many lies as there are truths... I believe it's in F911 that he splices two Rumsfeld speeches together to make it sound like Rumsfeld is saying something he isn't. It all looks the same, but Rumsfeld's tie changes color or something.

Anyway... just remember that while MM is against Bush as much as you are, he didn't want to keep the bin Laden's in America to kill or torture them... he just wants to know why they got to leave... Sometimes I feel like you're taking his stance to an even further extreme.

Sometimes I feel like you're taking his stance to an even further extreme.

No, its just the truth in his docs. And its not just F911 its the Healthcare Doc also..Maybe Im so much interested in his doc is because Im faced with a major decision in 24 months concerning healthcare..I wont have any coverage in 2 years when I choose to retire. Ive been pricing healthcare, its going to run me 600+ a month for coverage that we need. So maybe thats why Im in favor of a national healthcare.

its going to run me 600+ a month for coverage that we need. So maybe thats why Im in favor of a national healthcare.

And considering the problems I know you have, you'll probably end up spending even more than that $600 per month trying to get what you need (which won't be nearly as available with a national healthcare system).

Ive been pricing healthcare, its going to run me 600+ a month for coverage that we need. So maybe thats why Im in favor of a national healthcare.

Which I too think is not reasonable or affordable for most people. Despite knowing a handful of Canadians and a handful of people from the UK who have no problems with their health care, I was still never in favor of socialized medicine. But the health care costs that I (and my small company) are paying are huge and rising every year so at this point I am willing to listen.

Crav,

I'm not doubting your politics or saying that you're being swayed by Moore to believe his way. I believe that you already believed his way, or close to it. Which is fine.

I just don't think that Moore counts as an authoritative source on these issues. He has never been in the mix of the politics, the lobbying, the business. Never. The closest was with his first and only good film - Roger and Me. He grew up in auto industry towns, so he knew that issue from the inside.

He's allowed to have his views on all these other issues and he's allowed to say them. But I just don't think he's the kind of person that should be listened to.

Neither am I. I don't want anyone to listen to me and say "Man, that kid knows what he is saying, he knows the issue, I believe him." I try to listen to the actual sources on these matters - the politicians, people in the healthcare industry, academics and researchers who study the topic. Not just the voices from the outside like Moore and even myself.

--

As for my comment on you taking his stances too far...

Look at the time line in f-911..its absolutely spot on..We flew Bin Ladens family out of the country for their safety..Fuck that I would have blown that son of a bitch out of the sky..Bush did nothing for hours after the attacks.

That was you.

Moore agreed that the bin Laden's being removed from America was questionable. And that Bush's actions were questionable. But he's not questioning them because he wanted them killed or wanted immediate action, he just wanted questions answered. That's a significant difference between your view and his. That's what I was pointing to.

I haven't seen the medical documentary yet, but in F911 he never proposes solutions. He just keeps saying how wrong things were. I've never been a fan of that kind of finger pointing - especially not in hindsight.

I'm digressing now, but a similar issue in Roger and Me. Moore's point in that film was to expose how poorly the auto industry treated their workers and how bad things had gotten in these towns as the companies had left and laid people off. It really is a shame, but he never proposes a solution. His only solution proposed seems to be that, well, maybe the company should have never let those workers go... but what's the cost of that?

That becomes a standard econ problem... keep more workers on, keep their wages high, even when the market says they shouldn't be and? Well, and car prices rise sky high, and other prices follow, and then the workers are still in bad shape because they still can't afford to buy the product they are making, and neither can anyone else, and then the whole industry goes under trying to keep people's jobs safe...

Digressing still... I give in.

The auto industry, ah..The writing was on the wall when Katrina hit, gas prices went sky and never came back down til just last month..Thats over 3 years of the big 3 producing gas guzzlers, they should have seen the writing on the wall, Igot rid of all my guzzlers over a year ago..Its not the affordbility, it was why is it costing me 200 a week in gas to run this pick up truck back and forth to Baltimore 5 days a week.I traded it in and picked up 2 4 cylinder vehicles. I dont like them, they are too small but we had to adjust to the situation. Something the big 3, didn't do.

But I like my solution to the Big 3 bail out..Let the Oil Co's and their billion dollar quarterly profits bail them out. My money, your money should not be used in this bailout.