ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Have a Shot

vmax

There's hope. The Ravens have a decent shot at winning this game but it will be on the offenses sholders to get out to a fast start, score and score TD's in the redzone.

The good news is the opportunity is there to do it against a banged up, patched up Colts secondary.

Colts' secondary concerns

With cornerback Kelvin Hayden (knee) and free safety Antoine Bethea (foot) missing their second consecutive day of practice and strong safety Bob Sanders (torn left biceps) and cornerback Marlin Jackson (torn left anterior cruciate ligament) on injured reserve, the Colts might play Sunday without their entire starting secondary.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravensnotes20nov20,0,5704312.story

Freeney may not be able to bring his "A" game due to some hip problems. Speaking of Freeney and Mathas, I really want to watch Gaither and Oher on them. Should be a good trench battle.

Hey...the Colts are caving in and giving up points too....

The Colts have given up more points in each of their last four games: 6, 14, 17, 34. The secondary injuries may be starting to mount to the point where the Colts just can't stop passing attacks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81458fbc&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

So they are beginning to bleed.

So why not have the Ravens cash in on this trend? :)

geo put up some telling numbers on how lopsided turnovers were in the Ravens losses to the Colts including Flacco throwing 3 INT's last year...so let's protect the ball this time!

http://forums.extremeravens.com/index.php?showtopic=1133&pid=11159&st=0entry11159

Manning and the passing game can't mask forever a very weakened defense....can he!?! :)

I'm thinking run a lot (Ravens are 5-0 when rushing for more than 18 times)...use the 3 headed monster...keep Manning off the field.....protect the ball....the 12th man yelling and blowing their faces out...and then there's Joe...

Flacco has to finally take that next step and take over the game from start to finish. He's been on the losing end vs the good QB's. Close but no cigar.

Time to light one up Joe!

Guest BallTMore

I like the purple birds tomorrow :)

I do not. At all. I really think Manning will score at will tomorrow. Freeny and Mathis will be hell, too.

Still, I'll be there, screaming my lungs out. Go Ravens!

I've got expectations this morning and we all know how these turn out.

Yesterday I wasn't expecting a Ravens win and I still don't although I think they have a shot.

Today I'm thinking 'If the Colts team hopes for a win rest on Manning, why shouldn't the Ravens hopes be on Flacco for this game?' Clearly Manning is carrying that team on his back while various aspects of the team struggle. Now it's Joe's time IMO.

That's a lot to put on a sophmore QB with a weak receiving corps but Joe does have a good line and running game. He doesn't have to throw 40 times this game...just make the big plays today.

He's got to do it for the Ravens to have any shot at a playoff spot this year.

Expectationa...it's a long shot isn't it?

I've got expectations this morning and we all know how these turn out.

Yesterday I wasn't expecting a Ravens win and I still don't although I think they have a shot.

Today I'm thinking 'If the Colts team hopes for a win rest on Manning, why shouldn't the Ravens hopes be on Flacco for this game?' Clearly Manning is carrying that team on his back while various aspects of the team struggle. Now it's Joe's time IMO.

That's a lot to put on a sophmore QB with a weak receiving corps but Joe does have a good line and running game. He doesn't have to throw 40 times this game...just make the big plays today.

He's got to do it for the Ravens to have any shot at a playoff spot this year.

Expectationa...it's a long shot isn't it?

Vmax,

A long shot indeed. Like another poster, Manning will throw at will all day and should put up sick, fantasy loving numbers - > 100 rating, +300 yards and 4-5 TD passes to Wayne, Clark and Garcon. Our glaring secondary (esp CB) weaknesses will be exposed big time once again.

Wouldnt it be nice to see Cam, Joe and the "O" to get back on track today ?

Wouldnt it be nice to see Cam, Joe and the "O" to get back on track today ?

It sure would and that's my expectation.

They did squat against a stinky Browns D. I don't rank the state of the Colts D (this weeks version) much higher.

What I'm counting on is pride. They know they didn't execute last week (including Joe) and my hope is they come out focused today.

It would be a fun game to see the Ravens put up 30+ points...they have the right situation and potential to do that...of course "POTENTIAL" will get you beat every time.