ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Smith Catching On

oldno82

I was really glad to read this quote from Jimmy Smith on the Ravens' website:

“I’m just getting comfortable in the scheme and doing what I like to do, playing physical, trying to be consistent out there,” Smith said.

Smith has also shown a better awareness for the football. He is playing the ball better, and turning his head to bat down balls in coverage.

“That’s just natural instincts.” Smith said. “You can be taught to do it. It’s kind of a natural instinct, when you’re in good position to turn around, find, lean and locate. Then you make a play on the ball. It’s not an easy job to do, especially when quarterbacks are really good at putting it outside. You just try to focus with your technique and stay in good position.”

Sounds like he gets it.

I was really glad to read this quote from Jimmy Smith on the Ravens' website:

“I’m just getting comfortable in the scheme and doing what I like to do, playing physical, trying to be consistent out there,” Smith said.

Smith has also shown a better awareness for the football. He is playing the ball better, and turning his head to bat down balls in coverage.

“That’s just natural instincts.” Smith said. “You can be taught to do it. It’s kind of a natural instinct, when you’re in good position to turn around, find, lean and locate. Then you make a play on the ball. It’s not an easy job to do, especially when quarterbacks are really good at putting it outside. You just try to focus with your technique and stay in good position.”

Sounds like he gets it.

I hope he turns into a Cmac for us but I can't understand benching Graham for a project with all the new parts we already have on defense.....

Graham is a proven player and JS hasn't gotten there yet.....

His tackling has never been an issue, just his man coverage....

Goooo Ravens !!!!