ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Before you criticize, realize that our boys left it all out on the field today!

thundercleetz

It was going to take a perfect game to win today and our crew nearly pulled it off. The defense had a solid gameplan today and executed it excellently. Save the long ball on Washington, the defense bended but didn't break. Even though they did not get a sack, they got consistent pressure on Manning to throw his timing off. They shutdown the run for the most part, and most importantly forced turnovers. Today's defensive effort looked earily similar to the defensive effort put against the Colts in that 2006 divisional game. Ray got hurt early, and was clearly playing on a bum ankle, but still managed to make plays. Webb, Foxworth, Landry, and Reed all put forth very admirable games. Webb and Foxworth played well on the outside together. More great games go to Edwards (this guy was busting his ass up and down the field), Ngata, Ellerbe, and JJ (our defensive MVP). All guys played very sound games.

On offense, yes, we could not score a touchdown, but the gameplan was what we needed to win. We ran the ball, ran the ball, and ran the ball some more. We kept Manning off of the field and won the time of possession battle. Save for Joe's interception at the end and Oher's offside penalty, this was a very disciplined game by the guys on offense. Mason showed up and made plays and Double R fought his ass off for every yard. And how about that offensive line? Joe was touched maybe twice all game against a fearsome pass rush!

This game in my opinion was lost on our inability to pound the ball in on the goaline. We had three chances on the one-inch line and could not deliver. One play call I did not agree with was running a counter one third-and-goal. Just pound that thing in. At the very least you are stuffed on the goaline again and you are in better position to go for it on fourth down instead of being on the two-yard line. To beat teams like the Colts, you need touchdowns, not field goals. We will get our chance again next week against the Steelers.

Going back to the topic, before you criticize, realize that we put forth one of our best efforts this year against potentially the best team in the league. In fact, six of our last seven games have been against division leaders. We ARE NOT a bad team, we have just come up short. In my opinion, this team is on the verge of breaking through. We just need to continue to progress on both sides of the ball, and get a couple more playmakers at receiver and defensive back.

One more thing, before you claim we have no chance against Pittsburgh, they just lost to KC in OT. This is a different team without Polamalu, and even with him they have struggled putting teams away letting inferior competition stay in the game with them. If we play like we did today, we will beat Pittsburgh's ass. I don't care about the playoffs, lets sweep Pittsburgh's ass!

This team did play their ass off. The coverage was good and tight...D looked good.

What looked bad was Clayton and Washington not being able to get open against scrubs. Contain Mason and Rice and there is no offense.

The O line did a great job protecting Joe (Hats off to Gaither and Oher) but couldn't open holes running between the tackles.

Hey...Cundiff is in the Ravens record book tying Matt for 5 FG's in one game and once again Matt kicked a game winning FG at M&T Bank stadium.

What I see is a Ravens team that is a small step behind the Elite teams...close but no cigar...unable to take that next step and find the way to finish the game and win.

A lot of .500 teams are like that.

Guest BallTMore

I expected a loss, and we ended up with a loss.

Predictable-unpredictability during the game, but the outcome is always the same. A loss to the Colts. I'm convinced we'll never beat them as long as Manning is the QB.

Can't run on them? We do...we lose.

Can run on them? We can't, we lose.

Weak against the pass. We can't pass, we lose.

Can't stop the Colts offense...we do...we lose.

Ravens offense can move the ball with balance. Can't score is redzone. We lose.

20.-The-Shining_imagelarge.jpg

We lose to the Colts We lose to the Colts

We lose to the Colts

We lose to the Colts

We lose to the Colts

We lose to the Colts

The Red Zone offense was simply pitiful, I couldn't believe what I was watching. Otherwise, solid play from the defense against the Colts vaunted O, solid offense especially from Ray Rice and Mason. We just have to convert in the red zone. Also, why is no one talking about Harbaughs dumb TO usage? If he had been smarter and not called a TO with Indy at 3rd and 1 and not challenged that play Ed wouldn't have had to try that desperate play because he wouldve known the offense had time to do it's thing. John has been great, but he was terrible today.

It is frustrating because this team seems to find new ways to lose. I'm very concerned that we keep finding ways to blow the close games, and i'm concerned about Harbaugh and the rest of the coaching staff's ability to get they players in a place where, mentally speaking, they don't constantly wilt under pressure.

I mean that's Harbaugh's main job right? He isn't an offensive or defensive x and o guy so his main job is to motivate the players and have them out there flying around, giving 110% percent, and certainly not committing stupid penalties. "Play like a Raven" and all that. So far this season, he doesn't seem to be making much of a difference.