ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Just your "average Joe"

cravnravn

A bad offense from top (Cam) to bottom (Yanda)

Cam is not the reason for the bad offense...it comes down to execution. Cam didn't tell Willis to take the ball wide on the goalline, nor did he tell joe to force two passes to wrs that werent open.

Flacco and the wrs don't seem to be on the same page. I see flacco miss open wrs and i see flacco looking and noones open. No consistency whatsoever.

But Cam's uneven, inconsistent and uncreative play-calling has hardly helped. And it doesnt appear much he has done much to fix the problems of execution (much like Mattison on defense).

Regardless, it wasn't calling out Cams... it was calling them out, top to bottom. Cam happens to be top.

Also... McGahee's decision to go wide on the play was really not a bad decision. Woodson made an amazing play. Let's start with that. McGahee actually got through most of the tackle, but Woodson somehow got his other hand onto Willis' laces. If McGahee gets past Woodson, he's in the endzone. And inside would hardly have been better off.

As for Joe's decisions... I would maintain that they are in large part affected by the success of every play prior. Bad playcalling and execution at the goal line time after time, and every where else on the field, makes Joe feel like he has to make plays - because apparently our wide receivers, offensive line and backs aren't getting it done.

In fact, most have said it here... Joe has to make the plays, all his own. Well, there are consequences to that. Forced passes and mistakes are going to be part of that equation.

In the meantime, I've never heard so much commotion over a 6-6 team. The Ravens are still relatively young, inexperienced, etc. Imagine the talk in Pittsburgh... SB Champs to 6-6. The Titans from 13-3 to 0-? (now 5-7). The Ravens aren't having a great year, but in a time of parity, it's hardly the end of the world. Problems to fix, let them be fixed.

In the meantime, I've never heard so much commotion over a 6-6 team. The Ravens are still relatively young, inexperienced, etc. Imagine the talk in Pittsburgh... SB Champs to 6-6. The Titans from 13-3 to 0-? (now 5-7). The Ravens aren't having a great year, but in a time of parity, it's hardly the end of the world. Problems to fix, let them be fixed.

Yup, and I know Im the leader of the pack..Just had higher expectations than 6-6 at this time..

Now my expectations are extremely low for next season, we have to replace 8-9 weaknesses on this team.

Yup, and I know Im the leader of the pack..Just had higher expectations than 6-6 at this time..

Now my expectations are extremely low for next season, we have to replace 8-9 weaknesses on this team.

So much of any NFL teams' success is related to the league's and fans perception/expectation of a team. Last year everyone thought we would stink and everyone prepared for us accordingly. We surprised everyone and overachieved.

This year, in the wake of a AFC Championship appearance but without the addition of key replacements/additions at WR, CB and LB, many (Crav) had us a 14-2, 13-3, or whatever.

It wasnt going to happen. Not with our schedule and lack of WRs and CBs.

As far as moving forward, Crav is right - we have 8-9 weaknesses: WR (2), TE, DE, DL, S, CB (2).

The key is how many of these do we effectively replace. If we do half of these effectively (which would be huge), perhaps we add 2-3 wins to the 2010 campaign. Maybe we go 10-6 or 11-5 next year. If we dont add/improve, we stay in the 7-9 to 9-7 mode.

Either way, we have the nucleus of a good solid team right now but much of our future lies in the yet-to-be made moves by Oz. Bisc and Company.

I like the team's future, especially at the OL & QB positions but am not confident about the other positions and our Defensive Coordinator. We need to make some sweeping changes on the D side of the ball and strategically plan for Ray and Reed's replacement. The sooner we accept/embrace, the better this team will remain competitive.