ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Trade Rumors.....

Oldschool739

There is talk of Ben Tate being on the trading block.

Ozzie has been looking at other RB's, so he would be a good one if the price was right.

But we need an upgrade at center worse than a RB, and maybe even TE before that also.

What do you think ???

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/10/17/houston-texans-rumors-5-best-trade-suitors-for-ben-tate/?EI45Ggq04BsvOFg3.99

There is talk of Ben Tate being on the trading block.

Ozzie has been looking at other RB's, so he would be a good one if the price was right.

But we need an upgrade at center worse than a RB, and maybe even TE before that also.

What do you think ???

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/10/17/houston-texans-rumors-5-best-trade-suitors-for-ben-tate/?EI45Ggq04BsvOFg3.99

Judging from just what I've been reading from The Sun, pass rush up the middle of our O-line has been pretty destructive. I'd don't know how to do it but an upgrade at C may improve the whole offensive line.

And then I read this off the Raven's website:

“I don’t think they need a new center,” Birk told WNST.

According to Birk, Gradkowski just needs a little time to polish his responsibilities as a center. He said he can remember when he was the new center with the duties to make calls for the entire offensive line. Birks said the situation is “intimidating.”

“It was like, ‘Whoa! OK, this just got real all of a sudden,’” Birk said. “You have to earn respect. Earn credibility as a young player within the huddle. They talk about that with a young quarterback all the time, it’s kind of the same to a lesser degree with a center.”

But as Gradkowski’s former mentor, Birk knows what the young lineman is capable of and thinks it’s just a matter of time before he settles in.

“I know Gino has got the goods,” he said. “I know it’s not too much for him mentally or physically. I think he’s got what it takes. He’s got the character that it takes to play offensive line, football in general, but offensive line is a tough deal and it’s not for everybody.”

And then I read this off the Raven's website:

“I don’t think they need a new center,” Birk told WNST.

According to Birk, Gradkowski just needs a little time to polish his responsibilities as a center. He said he can remember when he was the new center with the duties to make calls for the entire offensive line. Birks said the situation is “intimidating.”

“It was like, ‘Whoa! OK, this just got real all of a sudden,’” Birk said. “You have to earn respect. Earn credibility as a young player within the huddle. They talk about that with a young quarterback all the time, it’s kind of the same to a lesser degree with a center.”

But as Gradkowski’s former mentor, Birk knows what the young lineman is capable of and thinks it’s just a matter of time before he settles in.

“I know Gino has got the goods,” he said. “I know it’s not too much for him mentally or physically. I think he’s got what it takes. He’s got the character that it takes to play offensive line, football in general, but offensive line is a tough deal and it’s not for everybody.”

It sounds right and I know there is the probability that he will be a good center. I also respect Birks assessment because he is an honest guy as well as a SB champs and pro bowler, but I don't remember Pouncey having this much trouble in Pitt when he came in the league and I think he started right away.

I know everyone can't be that ready out of the gate but 6 games in, should at least show some visible improvement for my opinion.

It sounds right and I know there is the probability that he will be a good center. I also respect Birks assessment because he is an honest guy as well as a SB champs and pro bowler, but I don't remember Pouncey having this much trouble in Pitt when he came in the league and I think he started right away.

I know everyone can't be that ready out of the gate but 6 games in, should at least show some visible improvement for my opinion.

Id rather have Gino than Pouncey, just sayin