ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Being Loud More Important

vmax

The Ravens are passing out white towels to fans before the game and personally I like having the towels, but I'm not into copying Pittsburg and waving them during the game.

I do not want to be like a Steeler fan.

SteelersFans.jpg

Let them have their own thing...they cannot approach our sea of purple and the noise level we make at M&T.

That's our thing.

Ravens' rally towels get lukewarm reception in locker room

A few Ravens players sounded ambivalent about the distribution of Ravens’ rally towels for Sunday night’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Asked if he would be waving one of the towels, middle linebacker Ray Lewis said simply, “No.”

Wide receiver Derrick Mason said raising volume levels is more important than waving towels in the air. "The fans just need to make a lot of noise," he said. "I think the other stuff is just props here and there. I mean, you welcome them. I would love to see every flag waving."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/11/ravens_rally_towels_get_lukewarm_reception_in_locker_room.html

You know I think it was the old BALTIMORE Colt fans that started waving towels, or white hankies cause the other teams would be crying so much.

It was the Dolphins in the late 60's thru the mid 70's..That thief Myron Cope stole the idea from the Fins. We never waved a hanky at Colts games, a beer cup maybe, but never a hanky.

If you have a hanky in your hand, how are you going to clap?

I say nix the idea immediately..Whats next are we going to get a Steely McBeam?

Edited by cravnravn

You know I think it was the old BALTIMORE Colt fans that started waving towels, or white hankies cause the other teams would be crying so much.

It was the Dolphins in the late 60's thru the mid 70's..That thief Myron Cope stole the idea from the Fins. We never waved a hanky at Colts games, a beer cup maybe, but never a hanky.

If you have a hanky in your hand, how are you going to clap?

I say nix the idea immediately..Whats next are we going to get a Steely McBeam?

I am sure this was before your time.

I have it on a video. I am sure it was Arty talking about the fans in Baltimore. The year after the greatest game, about how the Lions were crying before the game about the call in the that game.

and by the way if you didnt know that yellow piss rag they have came about in the Baltimore Colts Playoff game there. That guy Cope was telling fans to bring yellow rags to the game and wave them.