ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is the Time Now?

vmax

44109975.jpg

It's time for the three-headed monster

Mike Preston December 4, 2009

If Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is going to unleash hell in December, then the Ravens should unleash the three-headed monster again at running back.

If Pittsburgh has a secret weapon, so do the Ravens. This is not the time to be holding back. We've talked about this before, but now is the perfect time.

It's December, the time good teams hitch a ride on their running game straight into the postseason. It's going to be a cold, possibly snowy night in Green Bay on Monday, and the best way to keep the Packers and their sensational young quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, off the field is to pound away at the Packers.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.preston04dec04,0,111744.column

43772614.jpg

I've been thinking it's time for a while now. With the offense stalling, a change is needed and fortunately the Ravens have the parts in place to do it.

23456373232880-29223259.jpg

I agree that we need to really unleash the rushing game...

And on a related note, I need to ask a question I asked many a time last season...

Is there a reason we are so reluctant to really put 2 backs in on running plays? Or perhaps even three?

I mean, where's the creativity?

All three can catch. All three can run. Two are damn good blockers. It might be a little 'college,' but who cares? The Wildcat has become a regular for many teams in the league!

My big issue is last year and this year...

McClain never gets the ball from the FB position. If he's on the field and the sole back... he might get the ball. But if he's the up-back, you know he's not touching it except perhaps on a dump-off. What sense does that make??

The glory of having three weapons in the backfield is to really keep a defense off balance... mix up the duos in the backfield and make the defense pick who and where they are going to defend... My bet is that 9 times out of 10, we'll succeed in finding them on their heels.

And on a related note, I need to ask a question I asked many a time last season...

Is there a reason we are so reluctant to really put 2 backs in on running plays? Or perhaps even three?

I mean, where's the creativity?

I hear ya dc, I been wondering the same thing along with where is the element of suprise we had going last year, How come Troy Smith isnt being utilized?

It seams that all but for the Denver and Minny game this offence has been in a funk. Im still amazed at how we drove the ball at will on the Colts but cant get a 7 spot. If that was Billick at coach, lordy, lordy we'd be calling for his head.