ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I wonder if Ozzie will be sniffing around

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/28/2245787/

Dolphins floating Dion Jordan in trade talks

Ordinarily you’d say this was big news.

But given the recent events in Miami, giving up on a first-round pick a year into the process almost doesn’t register.

According to Jason LaCanfora of CBSSports.com, the Dolphins are “gauging trade value” for 2013 first-round pick Dion Jordan.

As in, third overall pick Dion Jordan.

As in, the guy they gave up last year’s 12th and 42nd overall picks to take third overall, instead of using any of that ammunition to go get a left tackle such as Branden Albert, or some other part the coaching staff had a use for.

Speculation will immediately turn to Philadelphia, since Eagles Chip Kelly used Jordan to such great impact at Oregon.

But it should mostly stand as a reminder of the continual dysfunction in Miami, where the constantly changing courses keep them from ever pointing in a straight line.

The kid is a stud athlete. Miami reached for him. I wonder if they could be scalped a second time.

But he would be dirt cheap now. Mia gets all the guaranteed cash. The Ravens would have only had the yearly salary.

With Suggs & Dummervil plus a few younger players, cough, cough, Bama players, still to prove if they can play at this level, I don't see the need to even take that risk. They would have to give up draft choices, something this team needs badly.

Dion is a DE. You mentioned the LB's.

In the Ravens system, they have to be able to play both positions, thus my mentioning the lbs/de's.... He would not be a good fit here, what, only come in on 3rd down or obvious passing situations? a waste.... but as I siad, I doubt they go after him knowing they have a lot of need and few draft picks + his red flags.