ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

90 yards passing

vmax

Very true dee..I should "consider the source" when listening to them..Especially that Vince from Catonsville!!!

Hey wheres the quote button??

I love that guy! His keen wit and sparkling personality light up the airwaves...plus he has knowledge of Ravens things they are not wanting you to know.

Isn't that a little bit of an oxymoron though? If you really listen to sports talk radio, especially the local shows, most of the callers are picking up receptions from the deepest depths of their rectum. Once in a while, you'll find an educated caller, but for the most part, the ones that call are idiots to begin with.

"oxymoron" if "callers" are considered educated; "redundant" more appropriate if "callers" are to be considered generically as commonplace "Joe-six-pack-knuckle-draggin-reactionaries". sorry, I'm a nerd; e.g, isn't "recta" pl. for "rectum"? :)

still, I don't mind Flacco's recent malaise, though I'd definitely like to see them let it go next week. they don't have the tools though, and our run game is fine for this coming circumstance. it'll be a grinder I guess; Pats fans on their sites are divided b/w picking apart our 2ndary and going run-1st so I guess there's a symmetry here...

There wee certainly problems with reading the defenses... whether that was Joe, bad play calling, or the offensive line... I don't know. I know that multiple times I watched Oher double a man inside and miss an outside blitzer. His mistake or a RBs mistake? Again, don't know. But it hurt us frequently.

As for Joe, though, I still say play-calling was the biggest limit to his performance. My brother started getting on Joe about holding the ball too long and how "someone has to be open." So, in response, I said we should start counting the plays were Heap AND a RB are kept in to block... the number was astronomical.

Heap + RB + Joe + 5 OL... = 8 players. That leaves 3 players to receive... 2 if Rice is coming out of the backfield.

It's absurd. The Raiders were rushing 5 and that leaves 6 defenders to cover 2 or 3 receivers. We will never win in that situation.

I sound like a broken record... but Joe will read a defense and get off a throw quickly (or learn to) if given the chance. 5 OL, 4 receivers, 1 QB, 1 FB/TE to block... challenge the D to cover our men. Maybe they will, but just like against Pitt in Bmore and in other situations (and so many times against OUR defense), the QB will find the open man quickly. 7-step-drops and long passing patterns are the enemy. Lots of receivers, quick drops, quick throws... And when they back off and use their LBs to cover our middle routes, slash 'em with RR.